Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A DANK DINNER...THANKS SUSAN


Listen up Taylor. Tonight's dinner received Lisa's highest compliment. "That was DANK. "
According to Websters dank means : Uncomfortably damp; wet and cold. That does not describe my dinner. Yet DANK is good to Lisa and her friends. Slang.
This recipe came from Sue. She gave me some ham and this idea.

Melt about 3/4 of stick of butter in a pan. A little olive oil. As much or as little garlic as you like. Chop some red pepper in thin strips or little bits (which is what I do to sort of camouflage it from Johnny). Add a bag of fresh baby spinach (or 2 depending how much you want). Saute it all. I decided to add some lemon juice. Half a lemon. Then I think about a cup of cream. Then I decided to add wine. Maybe a 1/4c. white. I played a little with the thickness of it adding little bits of wine. Then I added grated Parmesan. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour it over cooked Gnocchi. It's in the freezer section. Oh and I added just a pinch of nutmeg. Oh right and you have to add the ham. Duh. And do that before you add salt. Your probably all thinking, "Wow that recipe is so organized she should write a cookbook." Anyway it does taste really awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger handfulofearth said...

I am now officially going to blog about you and call you Mary Stewart.

2/28/2006 09:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters