Tuesday, February 21, 2006

SIGHTS, SOUNDS, SCENTS AND SOME COOKIES


I just got the new Sergio Mendes CD at Starbucks. You can get it on Amazon though. Go to this Amazon link to listen to some samples of it. Members of my clan will remember Mas Que Nada from his Brazil '66 years. It's on this CD only the Black Eyed Peas are featured on the song. Fun. So many good artists are on this CD. Lots of Will.I.Am, Erykah Badu, Q-tip, John Legend, India Arie and lots of others. I can't get this one out of my car CD player.

Check out the this link for the Elizabethtown Soundtrack. I saw the movie the other night and the soundtrack was "dank". The movie was... cute. A movie that I really loved was A Love Song for Bobby Long. John Travolta and Scarlett Johanssen. Really, really good movie. Go rent it. It takes place in New Orleans and the soundtrack for this film sounds great also.

Is anyone watching Dancing with the Stars? I would go on that show in a second if only I were a star. Lisa and Louie were robbed. The whole part about fan base and the fans voting off talented dancers is whacked. Jerry Rice should have been voted off. He's too stiff. Why doesn't he feel guilty about that?

How about Grey's Anatomy and Boston Legal. I discovered these two shows when I was obsessively watching channel 7 during the holidays so I could see Michael's greeting from overseas. Meanwhile friends were spotting him on channel 6 YET channel 7 had called me and told me to watch! THANKS FOR THE EXTRA HOLIDAY STRESS!

Back to the shows...William Shatner and James Spader are so good on Boston Legal I am totally addicted. It takes me back to when Taylor and Michael and I had that subsidized housing, roach infested apartment and we would all be in bed together watching L.A. Law. (They were actually sleeping not watching as they were babies.) Good times.... And that Patrick Dempsey on Greys Anatomy. He is not the only reason I watch though seriously. It's a very good show.




On to scents. Ever since Carla gave me (yes Carla again) those great Voluspa candles for Christmas all my other candles seem... just cheap. The scent that these candles emit is so luxurious. Sorry I have no link. Maybe Carla will comment.
And finally, did you get Girl Scout Cookies this year? I am enjoying the new Cafe cookie. Great with tea.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

OH my God -I am totally getting that Sergio CD becuz of Paste Magazine!

Voluspa (what the stars buy)are at Kitson, possibly Shop Intuition and I think either beauty sak and beauty habit (all dot coms). They are a bit too expensive to buy for yourself - actually all candles are getting so expensive now.

I totally got into So you think you can dance? But I haven't watched Dancing with Stars or your other faves. I better get on it. I do like Survivor and Amer Idol.
Oh, and Elizabethtown is on my Netflix rental list so I will see it eventually.

2/21/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Cinthia said...

I've lost faith in Dancing with the Stars. It's proved to be just another popularity contest. :(

2/21/2006 10:45:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You are so right Cinthia...but I still wish I were doing it. Always wanted to dance.

2/22/2006 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger sista Rita said...

they should have gotten rid of the other girl. am i jealous or what.

I already knew i was going to get that cd. My kids are going to love me!

2/23/2006 01:28:00 PM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

I swear, true story, I laugh every time I see someone write/talk/refer to Erykah Badu: when we were in high school English class with Mrs. Miller together, she was just Erica Williams, and her hair was pretty normal.

I wish I could burn yummy candles, but my dog is stupid.

2/28/2006 09:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters