Friday, March 31, 2006

Being a MOTHER is Hard


I have again heard from my son Michael. He will not be coming home for Easter or before he leaves for Iraq. I have not seen him in a year. That's hard to believe. SAD. But he does have a 2 week leave and he and a friend will be visiting Spain. HAPPY. Who wouldn't choose Spain over their mother. Seriously. 20 or not. It will only cost him $300 to visit Spain and it will cost $900 to come home. I am very happy for him that he has this opportunity to travel. When he is stationed in Iraq he will get a leave and the Army will pay to send him home. (So he says.) So I will have to send him off w/o seeing him. HARD. He says he will send pictures of his trip. IF he does I will share them.

6 Comments:

Blogger handfulofearth said...

Oh sweetie, I know that's a tough one. Faith & trust he'll be okay. We'll throw him a bash when he gets his leave.

And Gideon is soooooo not allowed to ever leave my sight, ever. EVER.

:) Andie

3/31/2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks Andie for that. I always feel like Michael and Taylor got the whole shitty part of my life and now that things are finally going good I want them to have it too. What is up w/this life. I think I will drive myself crazy trying to figure it out.

3/31/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Blogger the depressed nurse said...

You must be really proud of him. It's brave young people like him who make this country strong. God bless him and your family during the deployment. We were military, so I know how hard they can be.

4/01/2006 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you Anna. This is my first experience w/military and I don't really know anyone who's been in before so this is good to know.

4/01/2006 11:29:00 AM  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Hello Mary, I've been reading your posts and was very excited to see you're in the art world, I must link you...that's my blog job tomorrow, to add new links.

Thanks for the mention a few posts up :-)

I hope your son stays safe in Iraq. There is a blog you might like, Michael Yon's blog [I don't remember the address but google it]. Michael Yon writes about life in Iraq, and it's better than what the media shows.

4/15/2006 03:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

GG- You are so kind. I will be looking for the Michael Yon blog. Thank you.

4/16/2006 09:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters