Friday, March 31, 2006

Pastel Workshop

I went to an opening once and saw the artist Stan Sperlak. He is a pastel artist. I really admired his work. He does amazing things with pastels I think. I did get to speak with him and he told me he taught workshops but at the time they were all in Cape May, N.J. I use pastels in my watercolors but just a touch here and there. I really have no experience with them. My friend Maggie caught something in the paper recently that said he would be doing a one day workshop in our area. Finally. I couldn't pass up this opportunity. It is a plein air class and the supply list was quite extensive. I came home yesterday and had 3 boxes waiting for me and I am still expecting one more. I hope I do very well with pastels for all my investment.


Just SOME of my new supplies.

6 Comments:

Blogger handfulofearth said...

Love the decorative effects of the easel and whatnot, but God help me if you go off clay -

4/01/2006 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I would never give up the clay! I am just the kind who has to stick my finger in every pie. I am the jack-of-all. I have an interest in everything. It would be nice to be focused on one thing but I can't do it.

4/02/2006 08:49:00 AM  
Blogger tuesday night Jen said...

I wish I had enough free time to feel it would make sense to invest in equipment and supplies. There is an advantage to having grown children, well almost grown, WELL, at least out of the house a good portion of the day. I've got one full afternoon with no child a week, and I'm not sure that's enough free time to warrant the investment. I'm a little jealous :(

4/02/2006 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger the depressed nurse said...

Gosh, I haven't painted in soooo long. Looks like you're gonna have lots of fun. Make sure you show us your artwork when it's done.

4/02/2006 06:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I hope I will have something decent enough to show...

4/04/2006 09:20:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

The AI&G site is back up-

hope the class you want is listed -

:)

4/04/2006 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters