Monday, March 13, 2006

Please Remember to SET THE TIMER!

We went to La Ha again! Thursday nite 95 cent taco nite this time. I was at parent/teacher conferences at the high school until 7 so we met up at the restaurant. Johnny didn't come. He decided he wanted to stay home and have a frozen pizza. John visited his friend Barry in the kitchen...

who did not want his picture taken.

It's okay....John made another friend in the kitchen. As usual everyone was so good to us. We saw lots of people we knew. Lisa and I ordered our usual, 2 chicken tacos and John had his usual , 2 chicken 2 beef. Pretty cheap dinner. And good.

Johnny on the other hand didn't do so well.


Friday night we had plans to go to open mic night at the Waterline Gallery with Maggie and Jimmy. We got there and saw plenty of our other friends. Heres Maggie with Bill Rolig and one of Debbie Roligs paintings hanging behind them.



Bill and Deb are very talented. I love, love their art. I would love even more to have some of it but can't afford it. They have a big opening in April and I can't wait. It is always a joy to see their work. They are extremely fun to hang with too.


Saturday we made a quick stop at Camille's 27th bday party. She had all her young friends get together at Castaways.

John was tired from our previous nights out and not into the young crowd. I was having fun though. Here's how John looks when he's mad at me.

Whatever. When I wasn't going out and picking up and dropping off kids I cleaned up the studio.




I can't work if its a mess. You can see the new heater we just had installed on the wall. Everything was pulled apart and moved so it could be put in. Of course now that I have it it's 75 degrees out.


First project is to mosaic this piece of furniture. I am in the planning stages. When we get the kiln (any day now) I will be able to do more of the kind of mosaic I love. Like our bathroom.


Until then I am using plates and little bits of tile. It's frustrating when I want a certain color. But I enjoy this kind of mosaic too.
I will end (finally) with a painting by the ever talented Lisa.


Please understand...all my children are talented not just Lisa. I promise I will get you all on here.

4 Comments:

Blogger handfulofearth said...

Until the kiln comes, I can fire tiles for you at home -

Actually, was thinking of you & bought some cone 6 tiles at Clayworks to play with this weekend. You can also have all my 2nds to smash, if you want them -

Your kids are such little talents. Here's hoping Gideon is like that (after law school.)

Castaways? No wonder John hated it. Been there.

Your posts always make me hungry.

3/14/2006 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I would LOVE you 2nds and broken china.
I'm sure Gideon will be a master potter and Lawyer.

3/14/2006 08:54:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

I am such a loser. I had no idea Lisa was so talented. That painting is wonderful!!!

3/14/2006 06:08:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh my god Carla! That is a hot photo! And I see you are working on your blog!!!!!! I am too excited. You look so good. I want a photo like that... See you could really help us all look more beautiful in your blog.
Yes, Lisa is very creative and we are looking for a good art school for her.

3/14/2006 09:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters