Wednesday, March 22, 2006

SHUT UP!

I will start with my Tuesday night class. It was a hectic Tuesday. Had to get Johnny to lacrosse practice by 4pm, parent teacher conferences at 4:30 and then class at 6pm. It takes me 1/2 hour to get to class from where I live. I didn't sleep well the night before and I was very tired. When I got there I took out my camera to take pictures of some pieces that I made that were on the back shelf waiting to be bisque fired. Like these...


And then I saw my daughter who I am so proud of, trimming on the wheel and I took a picture of her...



(see her glowering at me?) and she said "Could you stop taking pictures of me!" Ummm...let me see? Wasn't that me making a birthday cake?



Yup! That's me. Didn't we take her and 2 friends out for a birthday dinner? Check. Didn't I then deliver the cake to her friends house where they were all hanging out?(Okay John delivered it but I bought two containers of icecream to go with it and I put candles in the bag.) Didn't I drive her 3 HOURS to a mall that had 2 floors like she requested???? So I just said the only thing I could think of..."Shutup." I am so over 16. Who made up SWEET 16. Sweet my ass. I can not live in teenage world anymore. Too many years of teenagers are aging me very quickly and I feel trapped. The walls are closing in. I keep counting. 16...17...18. OHMYGOD. And Johnny is only 12! And you know if she reads this blog I will be in grave danger. But okay, see this pitcher?


Lisa made it. Good thing I took a picture of it because it doesn't exist anymore. She dropped it before the end of class. So there!

On a brighter note...I met my friend Patti at Starbucks for coffee this morning. Patti has three daughters who are all teenagers. We talked about our lives...Laundry, driving, laundry, driving, laundry, laundry, laundry, LAUNDRY! and how much we love it. And also how we can't remember anyone's name. So if you see us and we don't know your name it's not because we don't know you, it's just that we don't at that moment know your name. It's always great to have coffee with Patti. Speaking of good things... when the mail arrived today my Paste magazine was in it. Yay!



Every issue comes with either a cd with songs or dvd w/short films, videos and film clips. Today's issue came w/BOTH! The CD this month is awesome. And the DVD has my favorite new artist KT Tunstall's video and 29 others! I just added her to my ipod a couple weeks ago.



I highly recommend this magazine. You can get it at that bookstore that has the Starbucks in it. I can't remember it's name....

Note: I take my spelling very seriously. I know how readers are ready to pounce on my every error. With that in mind I wasn't sure if shut-up was one word or two. Spell check thought it should be shutoff. I then checked in Websters (no entry) and the Garfield dictionary...shut-in, shutout, shut-out, shutter, SHUT UP! There it is. To cease or cause to cease talking. Good ole Garfield. Two words.



"The 1st Dictionary with Attitude!" Clearly the one for me. I highly recommend it.

2 Comments:

Blogger handfulofearth said...

Huh. Okay, I see you one Garfield dictionary and raise you a complete set of Smurf water glasses.

Got the new AMDC bag - it better show soon.

I know you're bringing that magazine to class as soon as you're done with it.

Loaded the kiln - all but 4 pcs, if you belive it. Firing Sat.

Have a Berlin question for you - call me over the next day or two when you're available -

Ever hear from Mike?

3/23/2006 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Very_Vera said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE making pottery!
So much fun
V

3/26/2006 09:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters