Friday, April 21, 2006

Christmas Amaryllis

Just a quick entry. I am finally feeling motivated, no anxious about getting out in the yard. When I picked up the children yesterday I had Lisa (yes I let her drive) take me to the nursery so I could pick out a few things. It turned out to be quite the driving lesson. We were coming up on a veterinary clinic and an escapee (dog) tearing across the 4 lane highway. We were on his far side. 2 cars narrowly missed him and I was yelling for Lisa to slow down. She proceeded to drift into the other lane because she was watching the whole scene. Then I was yelling "don't take your eyes off the road!". It was a good lesson. Of course you have to watch that you're not going to hit the dog (he's made it by the way Carla) but you have to watch the road and the other cars around you. Lord help me. I don't believe I will live through this child getting her license.

I did have this lovely surprise yesterday which perhaps inspired the whole trip to the nursery....

My Christmas Amaryllis which didn't bloom last Christmas has finally decided to grant me the gift of it's beauty and she doesn't seem to be holding anything back. I could have used it in the bleak winter but now is just fine.

8 Comments:

Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I have a bunch of them planted in my yard and they are blooming like crazy now. It's as though they are having a contest to see who can be most beautiful. All of mine are bright red.

I'm so glad everyone made it okay during the trip :)

4/21/2006 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger cream said...

Shows you that things come to those who wait!
Maybe it's an Easter Amaryllis?? Is there such a thing?

4/21/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Cinthia said...

Wow, look at that, it's absolutely gorgeous! Definitely worth the wait.

4/21/2006 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

I've never seen that flower before, it's gorgeous. Does it have a scent?

Talking about driving...I drive like an old lady, my mum drives like a young woman. But when I drive she sits in the back seat and cringes.

4/21/2006 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

PoP- I wonder if I can plant them in my yard. I have a bunch more that didn't bloom.

Cream- From now on I will call it the Easter Amaryllis!

Cinthia- I definitely have alot of training in waiting for good things. I've perfected it.

GG- No scent. But it makes up for it in beauty.
Maybe your mom would come and drive with my daughter.

4/22/2006 09:18:00 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I don't know if you can plant them in your yard because I don't know where you live. I live on the southern east coast of Florida so we never worry about deep freezes and such.

4/23/2006 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm on the east coast of Maryland. I don't now if that would be south enough. We hardly ever get snow.

4/23/2006 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

It's out of their zone, here, for amaryllis. But you can try - it's out of zone for some of my species of tulips, too, but they do okay. Just plant it somewhere sheltered, a little.

4/23/2006 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters