Sunday, April 09, 2006

Opening+Workshop+Opening=Tired

I am slowing down people. Believe it. Friday night I ran up to the opening at AI&G solo. John had to stay home and run children around. No Andie did not get a ribbon but she should have. Her work was beautiful. Here is a small sample.




Jen was there also and Andie of course. It was nice to see everyone cleaned up. No mud. (Blogger is not cooperating and this is taking forever.)


I picked up the next batch of Lisa and my pottery. Here are a few pics of that. Here is a bowl of mine...



A bottle by Lisa...


Another bowl of mine....


And a small porcelain bottle...



There is plenty more but that's all the pics I am adding on that. After the opening and quick get together it was home and to bed because I had the pastel workshop at 9am and was meeting Maggie at 8am to ride together. BUT not before I watched a couple episodes of Six Feet Under, a show that I know has been on quite a while now but I just started watching. I have just finished the first season and I am hooked. Love it!

The weather was not looking good for our plein air workshop. We got there and Stan Sperlak got us right out in a field and set up. Here is the only shot I took all day. It was my first study and it is NOT anywhere near finished. But just so you get an idea of the setup and the grey skies. (Though to be honest my work didn't get much better that day.)


Our field experience didn't last long. After about an hour it was raining and we headed back to a studio and did studies from photographs. I will post a couple of the finished pieces tomorrow. I haven't even unpacked yet. Stan was an excellent teacher which is hard to come by. If you are at all interested and have a chance to take any class from him do it. We learned a lot! By the end of the day we were all pretty done. Maggie and I still had the BIG Rolig opening at the Waterline Gallery which we didn't want to miss. It was both Deb and Bills work which is always a major treat. It was a struggle finding the energy and in my case something to wear to go but we made it. It was everything and more that I thought it would be. Bill has definitely turned a corner with his work. He was on FIRE!



If you look behind these party animals you can see part of an abstract of Deb's.



Deb and a fan. (Look behind everyone and you can see her art.) Unfortunately I didn't get anyone standing in front of Bill's work but I will find the invitation and the price list. Maybe I can post something from that because it was phenomenal.
After the show we went to a raucous party at Bill and Deb's. All I can share with my readers (if there are any) is it was BIG fun. Which takes me to Sunday. I did manage to go to the grocery store but after that I was in bed watching Six Feet Under. That's what big fun does to me...

4 Comments:

Blogger Carla said...

Did you know you had this talent when we were kids?
Did I just not notice you had talent cuz I thought I was dancer girl? Oh wait, I mean dancer girl, actress, AND singer....

Honestly I am loving all you and your friends art!!! Really, really wonderful, cool stuff

4/10/2006 06:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh funny Carla. We definitely didn't have time to notice each other much. I used to draw all the time when I was very little and I thought I was good. Who knows. But you know, when I was a teen I was too cool for everything! I wrote some poetry then which is hysterical to read now. Maybe I will share someday. I am just really working hard to dig out that old artist in me. You must come sometime to an opening of Bill and Deb's. It is the most fun because (if I do say so myself) we are a fun group of people AND the art is always astounding.

4/10/2006 06:52:00 PM  
Blogger the depressed nurse said...

Sounds like you had a great time! The pics are awesome too!

4/12/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

You know, I've been piecing together the family pics from various blog spaces - apparently the whole blonde/thin/hip & trendy thing is genetic. Now check out my dad's site - we're all tall hard workers with bad hips and knees.

Hope you didn't stay too long this morning -

4/12/2006 08:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters