Thursday, April 13, 2006

Things I Like Alot

Man! I have been so busy I've had no time for anything. But I am back. For a minute anyway. Okay so I promised a picture of Bill Rolig's work. This is a picture of a painting of his that was on the invitation to the opening and I took a picture of that so I am sure its not the best representation of his work but that's all I have...


I also promised a pic of my finished pastels but guess what? Not happening. Like you care. I am sure everyone has been sitting around saying "she said tomorrow they would be posted". Oh well. Still haven't unpacked or been in that studio. Can you say CHILDREN REQUIRE LOTS OF DRIVING AROUND AND HAVE TOO MANY APPOINTMENTS. That's my life.


I did manage to work on something I wanted to do though. I wanted some tulips in the house and thought I'd stop and buy a couple bunches but then I had to stop at Walmart and I saw some potted tulips and thought HEY why not buy them and plant them outside when they are finished blooming inside? Then they will be around next year. I decided to put them in these glass containers and I was gonna wrap the container in ribbon but now I can't decide. See what you think. Here's the ones I did for the kitchen table...



And then some for the living room. Can you see I still have freaking poinsettas from Christmas?



More living room...



Oh and some hyacinth too. I forgot I got a couple of them for the kitchen also.



Earlier in the week I saw Andie and look at the lovely juicer she gave me. I am lucky, lucky, lucky. It matches the bowl I made.


Now for things I am really liking right now. I just today got the Madeleine Peyroux CD . Love it! Reminds me of Billie Holiday .


Also been grooving majorly to G. Love. There is no way you can't like him. I picked up an older CD and a new one and I LOVE them both. You have got to check out his video for Booty Call here. This is one of my favorite songs with one of my favorite movie personalities in it. Can you guess who? I also LOVE "Baby's Got Sauce" and "Cold Beverage".


Also loving The Little Willies which I learned about from Paste Magazine. You can hear their music at the link above.




One more music mention-Lonesome Trio. Love these guys. Please check them out. My favorite song is "What the Fuck". Go to the link and listen and tell me you don't love it.

Even though I HATE doing all these links (it's just a bitch) I have to mention a couple blogs that I do love. Of course the blog that started it all for me and I have mentioned it before, The Follow Spot. Another I try not to miss is Being Anna Kennedy. The Life of a Belly Dancer Wanna Be is another good one and she's right in D.C. Here's my latest favorite, New York Hack. For a little international blogging I check Screamers and Guyana-Gyal.

Wow! That was too much. I am too tired to even to spell check so WHAT.

I just got a new pasta machine today and will be making the traditional Easter Lasagna so stay tuned.








11 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia said...

Your home is really beautiful. I love that you have flowers everywhere. If I had a home of my own and a decent income, I'd have fresh cut flowers everywhere, too!

4/13/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

The tulips where very inexpensive. I never spend alot on flowers but I do love to have them in the house. I also plant alot outside so I can bring them in. My house is pretty small which is why I am able to make it nice. Thank you for the compliments and I am sorry I forgot to add your blog to my list. I do read it all the time. I was really getting tired of making links last nite. I will add it now.

4/14/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

Okay:

1 - Love the house & the tulips. And they do come back, no matter what - I haven't even cleared the leaves from the garden yet & my tulips came up through them. Mine are cut & in a majolica chicken pitcher. No, I didn't notice the poinsettas, I was looking at the fab sofa. And at Lisa's pottery in the picture with the red tulips close-up.

2 - Oooh, the juicer DOES match! You'll have to try it & tell me design-wise how it performs.

3 - I am waiting for the pastels, BTW.

4 (God there's a lot in this blog!)- I will have to check out The Little Willies- I already have the Madeleine Peyroux (I alsways think Bessie Smith when I listen - you think Billie?) and everyone knows I love love love Lonesome Trio.

5 - You have to stop getting me hooked on the blogs - my house needs vacuumed. Though today I'm trapped here all day firing a bisque, so I can't get too involved in a project and can't go out. Blog city, here I come!

6 - Traditional Easter Lasagna? I don't remember Snoopy delivering that one.

4/14/2006 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

My favorite flower is a purple hyacinth. I used to give one to my mom every easter when I was young.

4/14/2006 10:52:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

I liked this post so much I just blogged for everyone to just skip me & come over here:

http://blog.myspace.com/handfulofearth

http://handfulofearth.livejournal.com/

Plus the people who comment on your blog are always really attractive. Hot Mary, we're all calling you. Damn!

4/14/2006 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Andie-
More on traditional Easter Lasagna later. And I will add your blog links to my list. I know you're gonna love the Little Willies.

Mark- What a sweet boy. I love the hyacinth too. They have so much fragrance. Why did you stop giving them to your mommie?

4/14/2006 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger cream said...

Mary! I love the recording! Nearly had a heart attack at first!
Amazing pictures! The balcony and Madeleine Peyroux! Delicious! Thanks for sharing!

4/14/2006 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger tuesday night Jen said...

Lasagna for Easter! I LOVE IT!!! Pretty bad that all I got out of that nice informative blog was Lasagna. I think I'm a little hungry :)

4/14/2006 04:44:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cream- That recording is from a previous Global Warming blog and it automatically comes on whenever you open my page. I am annoyed by it. Glad you didn't have the heart attack! The balcony was inspired by a trip the artist took to San Miguel.
Jen- I don't know anyone else who has lasagna on Easter but that was what my mother always made. Anyway it's a tradition I hardly ever break (and I do like to break them.) Maybe IF my mother reads this she will COMMENT.

4/14/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger MarktheChef said...

Great Music Mary ... I especially love the CD from Medeleine Peyroux. She has a great sound ... I went by the local music shop in Charlotte and they did not have it ... I will get it some day soon ...

4/19/2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Mark- I found mine at Barnes and Noble.

4/19/2006 01:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters