Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Waiting, Itching and Luck?

I haven't had much to say lately. My days have been filled w/appointments which I hate. The kids had dentists appointments last week for which we were kept waiting an hour! When I went to the front desk to politely ask what was up I was told they were running a few minutes behind. The same day I had an appointment and again waited an hour! I was really beginning to think I was in the twilight zone. I say we all send bills to these inconsiderate doctors for our wasted time. I know I couldn't show up an hour late to any appointment and expect to be seen.
As a result of the appointment I had I found out I am allergic to neosporin. But not before I applied it as I was instructed by the doc to 4 open incisions on my body for oh, 3 DAYS! Lovely. But to keep my mind off the itching I have been working on my mosaic. I changed my design about a million times and never seemed to have the colors I needed but I am making progress. Here is the top which is finished but not grouted...



John has been coming home and working in the barn creating yet another room for me.
This will be the kiln room and it's almost done. The door on the right leads to my original studio. I know I am very lucky. But it did take freaking long enough to get any luck.


Keeping my fingers crossed for my plein air workshop this Saturday. They are calling for rain. Even if it doesn't rain it's been like a flipping wind tunnel around here. Don't like the wind. (sigh) I should probably sign off as I am sounding like Eeyore. (Seriously, read that last paragraph in Eeyores voice. )

6 Comments:

Blogger handfulofearth said...

Well, if you don't listen to unsolicited, free medical advice from a former Vet Tech and put Bacetracin on everything, you are bound to itch. Serves you right. I agree about the appointments - I'm just going to start showing up 2 hours after the scheduled time.

Still no mp3 player. Rahr.

LOVE the kiln room - so jealous!! Mine is in an unheated, unpainted shed! When can we fire?

Unloading the second kiln load at AI&G tonight & setting up the room for tomorrow night. You'll be at the opening to see me NOT win, as usual, right?

:) Andie

4/06/2006 09:12:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I will be there.

4/06/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Lee Herald said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your comment on "Lunch At The Bar" in Looking Through Album One.

You have an attractive and interesting website, the design, the music, the whole bit.

About your visit to the dentist, they don’t call it the “waiting room” for nothing.

Have a nice week, and keep in touch.

I just saw your Word Verification. Where can I get that?

Lee Herald
http://leeherald.blogspot.com/

4/06/2006 02:01:00 PM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

Ms. S,

you do have such lovely friends.

4/06/2006 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger tuesday night Jen said...

I like the top. Sorry about the Eeyore mood. And the kiln room is awsome, Dude. Rob and I have begun discussing the possible purchase of equipment. I really want to spend some time fooling around with test tiles in my own kiln before I stick good thrown stuff in there. He's little nervous about where to put the kiln. We've got a garage/shed/pool house thing out back and that's where I want it, but he's worried about burning the thing down. It's good that the discussion has begun though. See you at AIG Friday night.

4/07/2006 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger the depressed nurse said...

Oh, Mary! That is beautiful. I love crafty people, btw. So much fun.

4/09/2006 12:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters