Monday, May 08, 2006

Another Weekend

I haven't posted since Wednesday. Just a busy time of year. I think I've said Johnny is playing lacrosse for 2 teams this year. ( Oh and those reports in the news that lacrosse is for the affluent...not true. Yes alot of kids who play are from the local private school but here everyone plays. Our high school has a lax team. And we are not affluent.) I told him next year, just one team please. He also plays drums in school and between band practice, lax practice and 2 games a week the kid has no down time. He was complaining about his legs hurting! Duh... Here's a picture. He does love it when he makes the blog.



Iwas supposed to go to a fashion show that one of Taylor's friends was having. She is a fashion major and this was her final year and I was really interested to see it. Taylor bailed. Work. BUT the good news is she SAYS she will be home next weekend and thats MOTHERS DAY! It will be a perfect day if that happens and Michael calls. I haven't heard from him in a while. I have to quickly break him of that habit before he leaves.

Sometimes I feel so pathetic pining away for my children.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Mary said: Sometimes I feel so pathetic pining away for my children.
"Treasures Of The Heart" are meant to be loved, savored, and admired. It's "our" misfortune that these treasures disappear with a slam of the screen door and a "Bye, Mom!" just when we have them almost the way we want them.:) Your job, should you choose to accept it (Mission Impossible theme, please?) is to live long enough to get revenge. Send that crying, teething baby home with them!! Secretly gloat at the way that famished married man eats your cupboards bare as "he just dropped in to see you." Sleep until 10 and then call to see "how the baby's teeth are." There are rewards to be had....if we can just stick it out!:)

5/08/2006 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger american soldier ... said...

Dont worry, my parents try to call me everyday ... i was just on the phone with my grandmother and she started to cry ... its human nature ... but as the unhappy american said ... when we come running and looking for a babysitter for our teething childern ... you get to sit and ponder as we squirm and beg for help ... then you get to spoil (at least thats what my mom said she is going to do)

5/09/2006 08:46:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You guys really put a nice spin on it for me. And yes now I am thinking how great it will be to be a Grandma. My husband and I will spoil those kids like there's no tomorrow.

5/09/2006 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Enjoy the fun. Every day counts.

From what I've been told most mothers think about their kids all the time no matter how old the kids are. I think it's called being a normal mom. :)

5/09/2006 03:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters