Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Beautiful Days

I spoke to Michael bright and early this morning. He is expecting to leave soon but still no date. I say good, he says can't wait. I don't get it. Why the rush to get to Iraq? Why not be happy to be in Germany? Anyway it was good to hear his voice.

Enjoyed perfect weather this weekend although I did not join Lisa at her beach stand or Johnny and friends at the beach. Instead John and I worked in the yard. We mulched my vegetable/herb garden and set up the little fountain. Got it looking all spiffy.



John and I seriously could not believe how perfect the weather was. As I was cleaning up at the end of the day I could hear an owl hooting off in the distance. Just as I was going in a mist started rolling in. It was beautiful with the sun setting and all.



I cut some more peonies. I got them coming out of my ears! Not complaining.



I even got several good pictures of my cat Blue. She does not like to be photographed. She is THE best cat in the world but things MUST go her way and her way only. She will request to be scratched but fulfilling this request is not for the timid. She will settle in on your lap and purr away as you do the job and when she has had enough, with no warning she will bite you. Nothing serious but she could just get up and leave. I love her dearly though. She is 8 years old. A barn cat. She won't stay in the house. When I first moved here there were quite a lot of mice and some field rats. I was not used to that having grown up in the suburbs. I was more then freaked out. She has it all under control. Nothing gets by her.



Yesterday I finally got some inspiration for a certain someone's "deck treat". I had been working on a couple ideas but I just wasn't feeling them. My mother gave me an idea that sent me in a completely different direction and that wasn't working either. Sometimes inspiration just isn't there. I was determined to get it yesterday though and searched and searched and by the end of the day I had some drawings I loved and ordered a few things. So soon "deck treat" recipient, soon.

11 Comments:

Blogger Callooh said...

I have a cat like that... he's only half barn cat, but he does what he likes just the same . . . .

we call him McCavity - from Cats (T.S.Eliot's poems, or the Musical if you seen it)

5/30/2006 02:37:00 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

My Fred the Cat was a street cat but now he's a full time house cat. That way the owls can have the mice.

Your little garden looks wonderful. Good work!

5/30/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

Your place is such a gorgeous oasis - it's like a Disney movie, all bluebirds and sunshine and peonies I'd be happy to help find homes for.

Glad you had a RELAXING weekend, for once! Good for you!

Thought I had no idea you were going to build me a deck & treat it. ;)



:)

5/30/2006 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

That is a good picture of your cat - even though I do not like cats, I can still appreciate a good animal photo - ohhhh, so excited about a deck treat - I wonder, I wonder - don't tell Carla, she has a big mouth and can't keep secrets and I am sure the recipient would want to be surprised!!!

5/30/2006 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I always enjoy hearing peoples pets names. It's so amusing. I never get to name the pets as the children always do that. It's always something obvious like Blue (she had blue eyes when we got her) or Stripey or the latest Disney character. I like "Fred the Cat" and "McCavity"

Thanks for the garden compliments. I am sure you are all sick of hearing about it. It's just what I'm doing right now. That time of year.

Yes Mark...Carla used to tell on me when I was down at the pond smoking as a teen and my father would do more than break a Sheena Easton album. I do think she keeps secrets these days though.

5/30/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger spadoman said...

no cats, no dogs, no pets....but had plenty of each over the years when children were still at home. Nice garden. Would love to have morning coffee, the good stuff, while sitting on a lawn chair near the garden. I imagine I'd be hearing birds sing, then, I'd sit there under the heavens and watch for shooters.

5/30/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Yet another excellent "come on in, coffee's in the pot, we'll have a cup then I'll show you what I've been doing", by Mary! "What's on at Mary's Place today?" starts my day.:)

5/31/2006 12:34:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

You guys can come for coffee anytime!

5/31/2006 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger cream said...

My cat is called Henry (14)... But your Blue looks like he's feeling a little blue, Mary...What's up?

6/01/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cream-
She is freaked out that I am taking her picture. She NEVER lets me. She does notlike the camera. But I did have a trip to the vet yesterday and she checked out fine.

6/01/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger american soldier ... said...

Hey thanks for the post ... it is nice to have someone, even better when its a tough road ahead ... as for your son i am kinda in agreement with him ... i cant wait to get to iraq ... i know its not what you wanted to hear but we all want to go ... its really not that bad there and alot of tax free money ... i know i could use that money for a car and get alittle debt paid off (not even going to mention a free trip to anywhere in the world!!) ... its just a shame that the news always shows and portays the bad part of whats going on there ... i dont know where your son is going to be stationed there ... but if its like where i am going ... as long as you stay alert, it should be a good year!!

6/07/2006 09:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters