Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ipod?

I love my ipod. My family gave it to me for Christmas. I don't know how many hundreds of songs it holds. I have been using it every morning for my walks and runs. I used to be a kind of running purist before the ipod. I would enjoy nature as I ran. Clear my head. Now though I need motivation and each song gets me a little farther. The beat drives me faster and gets me into it. This morning as Jimi Hendrix Ezy Ryder was coming to an end the ipod died. I was three miles out people! How would I get home? Dammit. Why hadn't I checked the battery? Nothing to do but run home and listen to.....nature? How would I have heard the birds chatter if I had instead been listening to Cold Play's "Dont Panic" or Blind Faith's "Cant find My Way Home"? How would I have heard the words of encouragement?, warning? the old man in the field yelled out to me. The truth is, while it wasn't bad, I would have rather been listening to Tommy Lees "Good Times" and Rare Earth could have taken me down the home stretch with the driving beat of "Get Ready". And what did the old man say? I couldn't understand. So excuse me while I go charge my ipod.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia said...

I know what you mean about the iPod. That thing's the best that's ever been invented in the recent past. I love Apple so much I almost want to name my future daughter Apple.

5/03/2006 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger MarktheChef said...

I love my son's IPod ... is that wrong to say on a blog titled ... Get Your Own?

5/03/2006 04:40:00 PM  
Blogger american soldier ... said...

I know what you mean ... I have the video IPOD ... I find it hard to run and watch a movie at same time though ...

5/03/2006 09:58:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cinthia-Oh it does bring joy to my heart.

Mark- you are funny. And you know if it brings you happiness, you should GET YOUR OWN.

AS- oh your lucky. I would probably get run over if I had the video ipod.

5/03/2006 10:09:00 PM  
Blogger cream said...

My son Adam uses his in the Tapas bar and shuffles around 150 songs all day to provide non stop background music...Amazing!
We call it Adam's Apple Ipod!

5/05/2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Always so clever w/the words Cream. It's an amazing thing. I wish I had it all the endless hours of mosaic I did on the local boardwalk. Music just helps everything along.

5/05/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I need to say that I can totally relate to this.

I run about 3-4 days a week (or, if you're counting this week, ZERO days per week) and have the ipod strapped on my bicep like half the people out there.

In Portland, we have this huge ocean view running track with the perfect mileage - 3.5 (because running more might kill me).

Anyway, there nothing - and I mean nothing more aggravating than having your ipod die in the middle of a run. I can't do ANYTHING without music, and the silence of running without music is louder than any of the heavy stuff I listen to :-)

5/05/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

The oceanview running track sounds awesome. I mean we have an ocean but...no track. I have run on the beach before but that is serious work and I am already running so why make it harder. Yeah my running on the beach phases never last more than a week, Ipod or no.

5/06/2006 06:43:00 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I just might be the only ipod-less person on earth. Do I win a prize or something?

5/06/2006 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

POP- Well I would gladly supply you w/an ipod if I could. You deserve to know the ipod joy.

5/06/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

To P.O.P:
There's two, actually.:)
TUA

5/07/2006 03:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters