Monday, May 15, 2006

Landscape-mania

John is at it again. Landscape-mania. I think he discovered gardening as a hobby maybe 4 years ago and quickly created an impressive rose garden. I personally am not allowed to cut HIS roses but if I am lucky he will cut some for me.





Here he is working away. The little ivy covered building was a run down out-building on the property. I was trying to grow ivy to cover it for years but it was slow catching on. Then John attended to it and tries to pass the whole thing off as his idea.



He comes home every night and works somewhere around the yard. He has started on the back field. It's like a mini manicured oasis in the middle of farmland. We stick out like a sore thumb but in a good way...I think.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Hang on to that man like a 401K with insider information - he's worth his weight in gold!! You're complaining because you get hand cut roses hand delivered?:) 'S past beautiful Mary, and at the far edge of awesome!

5/15/2006 07:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I couldn't be more jealous of your yard - someday I will have enough money for a nice home with a big yard!!!

5/15/2006 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA- No,no, no complaints. I'm just saying...I have a garden too and I freely share.

Mark- you gotta get out of the metropolitan area if you want a little land. John bought this run-down part of a farm in what was then no-wheres-ville and got a good price. Now we are being discovered and its sad.

5/16/2006 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger cream said...

Well done, John! It looks beautiful!

5/16/2006 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters