Sunday, May 28, 2006

Quickie Reunion

Saturday I made a quick run to Towson State University to watch my nephew play lacrosse and have a quick visit with 2 of my sisters. Lisa had to start her job so her and John could not attend. Lisa got a job renting umbrellas and chairs on the beach. Johnny and I were on our own. I hate driving. BUT this is how much I LOVE my nephew. After all, I am his favorite aunt. I find if you start when they are infants asking them, "Who is your favorite aunt?" they quickly learn to say "Aunt Mary". Very effective program. I never miss an opportunity to ask him this question. His sister was also included in the program. She is a little more work as she is a female and not as easily controlled. I like that.

Steven and Johnny are about a year apart and don't get to see each other enough so Johnny was stoked. Steven is a swimmer and competes. He is very good at it. Look for my favorite nephew to be in the Olympics one day where upon accepting his medal he will thank who else...his favorite aunt Mary. Here is Steven uh, complaining because the aunts were taking his picture in rapid-fire succession...



Here is Johnny sitting with the girls. My sisters Rita (in the back), Carla and Stevens girlfriend Emily.



Anna (my niece) and Johnny displaying there joy at seeing each other...



After Stevens game we watched a little of a pro game with the Baltimore Bayhawks vs. the Chicago Machine. By now it was after 8:00 PM and I had a long ride home (but my nephew is worth it) so we decided to skip out of the game and get something to eat. Some college kids recommended a place so we went and had some crappy college kid type food. Johnny ordered a huge plate of ribs....



It was a nice day and always good catching up with my sisters and laughing. I wish they lived closer to me. I suggest they both get some property around here before it's too late. I made it home by 12:30. I know, don't worry about me...it was a grueling drive but my NEPHEW is worth it.

5 Comments:

Blogger spadoman said...

Once again, fine family pictures and togetherness.

5/28/2006 12:47:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

After all, I am his favorite aunt. I find if you start when they are infants asking them, "Who is your favorite aunt?" they quickly learn to say "Aunt Mary". Very effective program.
My wife's at work doing that very thing as we speak!:) I want that platter of ribs....GRR!:)

5/28/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Spadoman- Thank you. It was a good day. I've been getting my fair share of those lately.

TUA- I expect she will get the job done. Especially w/a cutie like that.

Johnny packed the leftover ribs in a lunch he took to the beach today when he went w/friends. Imagine their faces when he pulled those out and they had pb&j.

5/28/2006 08:33:00 PM  
Blogger cream said...

Here comes Johnny...with his mega-giant-meal-for-one....

Looks like everyone had a great time, Mary!

5/30/2006 01:47:00 AM  
Blogger american soldier ... said...

towson state ... the old stompin grounds ... i miss that place ... well playing lax in that area can get you a free ride to alot of different collages, for some reason bmore is a hot spot of lax players ...

thanks for the comment ... i have been wanting to get that this tattoo for a long time ... i was pretty nervous but i am glad i got it ... hope you had a good time this weekend ...

5/30/2006 09:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters