Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Weekend Update

I watched a great lacrosse game this Saturday w/Johnny's Beach team. They started out 4-0 w/the other team leading and ended 6-4 Beach. It was a very good game. Earlier that day Johnny had played a game w/Beach in Lewes DE. When he saw me arrive at the afternoon game he came running up to me and SURPRISE! he had cut off all his curls! He had called me earlier saying he wanted a buzz cut and I said sure. I didn't know he was stopping between games.






He looks more like his brother now. Always handsome, curls or no.


Taylor arrived home. Glorious. Love having her home again.


We had a nice dinner and she made me the BEST cosmopolitans EVER.



Yes my friends, we sent Taylor to college and she came home with some real skills. Cosmopolitan-making skills. Can I ask for more?

Sunday was quiet with John and Johnny away at ANOTHER lax game in B'more. I filled way too many pots with flowers in various locals around the place. I did always want to live in a flower garden and between John and I it is pretty much happening.



Taylor's friend from High School, Kevin came by on Monday night. He went to culinary school in RI. We had a really great dinner with a few very good tips from Kev. He works at a local restaurant and always hooks us up with awesome food when we see him so I tried.





Judging from those spotless plates I didn't do too bad. Oh yeah. We had more cosmos. Gotta use those skills while I can....


8 Comments:

Blogger cream said...

Lacrosse and cool family gathering! Mary, you are spoilt, girl!
Cool Cosmos!

5/17/2006 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger american soldier ... said...

thank you for that info ... its weird the more i am organizing my idea and putting it together i keep thinking up different ways to improve and change it up ... and everything i have read on the internet says to keep it dummy proof and short ...

5/17/2006 01:20:00 PM  
Blogger spadoman said...

Great family stuff. Smiles on faces. Happiness. Peace. All this along with full bellies and a snoot full, more or less. How COOL is that!??!

5/18/2006 06:08:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Can you provide Taylor's recipe for the Cosmos?

5/18/2006 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Why yes Carla I can. You know I wouldn't let her go w/o teaching me. Chill the glasses. (We got to the point this weekend where we would just immediately store them in the freezer when we were done for the nite) 3 counts of Absolute Citron or mandarin (both were good) 1 count of GM. Splash of cranberry (we had a lite kind)and a little lemon juice. (Real lemons) Once we ran out of lemons and used tangerines. Equally pleasing.

5/18/2006 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh and shake and pour of course...

5/18/2006 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

ooooohhhhh...so you were HUNGOVER on Tuesday....

5/18/2006 03:07:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

No...I rarely make the mistake of drinking to hangover point anymore.

5/18/2006 04:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters