Friday, June 09, 2006

Birds Without Wings

"For birds with wings nothing changes; they fly where they will and they know nothing about borders and their quarrels are very small.

But we are always confined to earth, no matter how much we climb to the high places and flap our arms. Because we cannot fly, we are condemned to do things that dont agree with us. Becuase we have no wings we are pushed into struggles and abominations that we did not seek, and then, after all that, the years go by, the mountains are levelled, the valleys rise, the rivers are blocked by sand and the cliffs fall into the sea."

from "Birds Without Wings" byLouis De Bernieres

7 Comments:

Blogger glenda said...

beautiful poetry. Wish I had read that before my birdnest blog.
What a cute son you have, you lucky woman. Mine has flown the nest, still in college.

6/09/2006 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger cream said...

That's a fine poem.
I love Louis De Bernieres and especially Captain Corelli's Mandolin which I read at my friends wedding!

6/09/2006 12:09:00 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

I'm just excited I was able to make it here today without blogger crashing in on me.

I agree, a beautiful poem indeed.

6/09/2006 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

if you have the chance Birds Without Wings is a great read. I highly recommend it.

Cream I love that poem on your site. Very appropriate for a wedding.

Pop- I am surprised you could post pictures on your blog. I haven't been able to. Very glad you accomplished it though because the turtles were spectacular.

Thank you all for navigating blogger today and visiting.

6/09/2006 05:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

I didn't get a chance to comment on "A New Teenager Enters The World", so I'll kidnap this space to do so.:) Any woman that will show her last newborn, then freely admit her age at the time, is simply All Class.

But then, that's the name of this Blog, isn't it?:)

That was one Hell of a Birthday Cake! Wow!! Did you make that yourself?

6/11/2006 02:41:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Mary SOG, Instead of spending your time reading, nay I suggest working on deck treats.....oh....and thank you for your prayers for Hercules!!

6/11/2006 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA- I am what I am. No pretending here. And yes I did make that cake thank-you-very-much.

Mark- I just got the rest of my supplies in so Monday is all YOU!

6/11/2006 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters