Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chili Burger

I think this recipe came from a Sheila Lukins cookbook. I've made it so many times I have it in my mind. This is the best burger and I have to turn you on to it. Made some last night.

1lb ground beef
1 tomato diced
1/2c. chopped black olives
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dijon
1 TBS chili powder
couple TBS chopped FRESH basil
Zest of one lemon
Salt and pepper

Mix all that together.
Form your burgers and cook on the grill.
They are best w/pepper jack cheese on them but use what you like. You will love them.

4 Comments:

Blogger spadoman said...

Sounds good! I'll try this recipe soon.
I also use a green chile pepper fanned open under the pepper jack cheese.

These green chiles are commonly called Anaheims or New Mexican Green Chiles. They come in cans in a pinch, but the fresh ones are best.

Simply burn them and take the blackened "skin" off, then cut open lengthwise and take out the seeds. Put one on your burger after you've turned it on the grill. Put the cheese on top. MMMMMMMMMmdelish!

What time is the BBQ? You say you get friends over often, don't you? :)

6/13/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thats a great idea Spado. I love Anaheims. Can't wait to try it.

You are welcome any time.

6/13/2006 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

We tried a new burger last weekend. You make twice as many thin patties as you expect to need. Then you mix minced garlic, roasted walnut pieces, and bleu cheese into a sort of paste or spread and glom it one half of your patties, using the rest on top of them like little sandwiches. Then grill.
The filling is good eaten all by itself, especially with a martini. I know of what I speak on that. :)

6/13/2006 03:59:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Damn Pop that sounds great!

6/13/2006 06:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters