Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Google finds

I googled my last name. My maiden name I mean. Lots of stuff. A hotel in Italy I would love to visit. Lots of historic stuff on the name. Who knew there was more than one person with my exact name.

There were two big surprises. One was my blog came up because Mark of The Follow Spot made a comment about me not being from "Virgin"ia where he referred to my maiden name to link me w/my sister Carla. My sister Carla and Mark used to work together in theatre. Both very talented. Both nominated for the prestigious Helen Hayes Award . Which brings me to the second surprise, Carla came up on this site that I didn't even know about and what beautiful pictures. I had to brag. That girl takes some damn good pictures. The first photo reminded me of the picture below which I took of her when I was probably 13-14 and she 7-8? I thought I was dressing her up as Mae West. If I remember right she did a pretty good imitation.




She certainly got all the good stuff. The olive skin from the Italian side that she never exposes to the sun and some height from the Irish side. I got white skin from the Irish that I always expose to the sun and I am short like the Italian side. And then there is the name. I have always harbored some resentment at being named Mary when I have sisters named Carla and Rita. Their names always seemed so exotic to me. My two other sisters (Anne and Margaret) never seemed bothered by it but that's just me. I always want what I don't have.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

you ended yoru blog saying " I always want what I don't have". Well, Carla is the same exact way. She always speaks so highly of you, your family and your stunning beach house. I think we all want what we don't have otherwise what would there be to wish and hope for and look forward to? I want what I don't have too...like, umm....my deck treat!!!!!

6/14/2006 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh Mark thanks for the nice part of the comment. You can be tedious though can't you? I promise I will be done before this week is over.

6/14/2006 12:56:00 PM  
Blogger spadoman said...

I thought that WAS Mae West!!!!

6/14/2006 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

the only thing that resembles Mae West in that shot are those HUGE feet.

6/16/2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I knew it would come Mark. It's only a matter of time w/you.

Spadoman-You're too sweet.

6/16/2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger glenda said...

Cute kid. nice pisture. Are you a professional photographer?

6/16/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Glenda-
Thanks but no I am not a professional. I do have a lot of interest in that area though.

6/16/2006 03:14:00 PM  
Blogger cream said...

Well, we can always call you Maria!

6/17/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Oh thank you cream. Please do.

6/17/2006 02:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters