Sunday, June 18, 2006

Mother: Crazy, Father: John



I started dating John when Taylor and Michael were 3 and 2. One of our first dates was to the National Zoo in D.C. It was hot as hell and Taylor and Michael couldn't have been more misbehaved. I figured I'd never hear from John again. But he kept calling. He always included the children in our dates and in fact assumed they would be there. (A rarity in the world of dating.)


















Taylor (my oldest child) recently sent me one of those questionnaires thingys that get passed around in the email. You answer one word to the question. One question was Mother? Her answer: Crazy. (whatever) Father: John. When I read that I was very proud and happy. I knew John really deserved that. He has been a father to all the children in the hardest of times.



















Never quit or gave up or walked away when the going got tough. It wouldn't even occur to him. He fixes all of our problems. We all MUST constantly check in with him which is annoying but he is the glue that holds our family together. The very best DAD ever.






Happy Fathers Day from all four of your children!

8 Comments:

Blogger Cinthia said...

Awww, John sounds like a great dad! Happy father's day to him!

6/18/2006 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger spadoman said...

My heart feels your pride.

6/19/2006 07:16:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

A lovely tribute!

6/19/2006 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Sothis said...

Wonderful post. Wonderful pictures, too!
He sounds like a great guy!

6/20/2006 08:08:00 AM  
Blogger glenda said...

I tried to comment on this earlier, but blogger was not letting me in. These pictures brought tears to my eyes for some reason. They are so beautiful and one can see the emotion of the kids as they look up to him.

6/21/2006 08:43:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

That's how really special he is. I am glad everyone can see that.

6/22/2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Reflections said...

Thank you for a wonderful blog

6/24/2006 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger Guyana-Gyal said...

Lovely post, Mary. I love reading about happy relationships, marriages, families.

6/28/2006 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters