Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A New Teenager Enters the World




13 years ago today I had my last child. I was only 30. Most people these days are just starting at that age. I did think being a younger mother would make it easier to relate when my kids were teens. Oh how silly I was to think that. But Johnny is my youngest and today Johnny is officially a TEENAGER!



Showing off his new duds...



At cake-time he was spotted still wearing the shades proving once and for all that he IS a teenager.



My LAST teenager. Last of 4. Hey, that's not a bad thing.



Can you imagine with me the stress-free days that are just within my reach...

You think so?

Seriously...Johnny is a great kid. Very thoughtful and caring. The other morning he left a note on my bedroom door that said "I left pancakes in the fridge for you." Can't beat that. And he always asks how my day was. I am sure, just like his delivery, Johnny's teen years are going to be a piece of cake!




(Yea, he just turned 13 but I only had 12 candles and all I could come up with was the number 4. I'm a good mother like that.)

6 Comments:

Blogger spadoman said...

Happy Birthday to this fine young man, and a hug for Mom.

6/08/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Blogger Cinthia said...

Finally Blogger is letting me post a comment, mutter grumble.

Happy belated birthday to your youngest! I'm sure he's making mommy proud! :)

6/08/2006 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes and the hug!

6/09/2006 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger cream said...

Stupid Blogger!
Johnny has developed into a fine, cool teenager, Mary!
I bet you're proud of him!

6/09/2006 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Extremely proud Cream. You would like him.
(and stupid blogger is right!)

6/09/2006 05:06:00 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Damn, that's a huge ass cake! Good looking kid...love the shades. 13 is a great time. So much ahead of you, so much to learn.

6/10/2006 01:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters