Friday, June 02, 2006

Tuna Sandwich

It's hot and humid and I am holding out on turning the air on. Don't want the children getting used to AC so early in the summer. Gotta toughen them up. I don't want to turn on the oven so tuna sandwiches for dinner. I always get creative w/the tuna. Johnny ONLY likes his w/shredded carrots. Everyone else is a little more open. Here's last nites version.



I mixed mayo, lemon juice, fresh basil, chopped tomato, shallots and pepper in the tuna. Layer it on the bread of your choice w/some really good roast turkey,lorraine swiss and lettuce.

The boys are going away for the weekend to a big lacrosse tournament. Can you say girls nite out? That should be a good post. I will bring my camera. Actually I prefer to go out w/John. I think my friends and family will concur that he is lots of fun. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

4 Comments:

Blogger spadoman said...

Great lookin' sandwich

Warmer weather fare here too. Cool waldorf salad, (my own version), along with fresh fruit and veggies. And lemonade!

Some one once suggested to me that a sandwich always tastes better when someone else makes it. Pay attention and see if you think that this is true. I certainly do.

Have a great nite out and a comparable weekend.

6/02/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

Looks yummy!!

Your pots are ready & at teh AI&G to pick up -

:)

6/02/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

You don't make sandwiches, you make wonderful experiences! A quick Q: How much Lemon Juice? I'm a great tuna fan, but never thought of that.

6/03/2006 01:51:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'd say for one reg size can of tuna...the juice of 1/2 a lemon. You are gonna love it.

6/03/2006 02:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters