Sunday, July 16, 2006

Chillin'



LOOK at this amazing weather. We've had a lot of rainy and overcast days the last couple of weeks so when this weather showed up I had to take up its generous offer and disappear from normal life as I know it.

To be honest it was more than the gorgeous weather. First my mother came in on Thursday and then my friend Claudia came on Saturday for the weekend. I had to HELP Claudia enjoy her visit.



Even John took off early on Saturday and ALL day Sunday to enjoy with us.




The boys were surfing non-stop and I took a lot of pics with my 35mm so I don't have them to share as I used real, actual film. (Remember that stuff?) But I did get some shots of them cutting-up which is ALL they do when not surfing.



Mostly I just sat on my ass.



My brother-in-law came in w/his family and more will be coming later this week. It's that time of the year when the visitors roll in non-stop. And I have to come back to reality now and get some work done. But all the while I will be planning my next escape.

12 Comments:

Blogger betmo said...

looks like fun. back from the beach in time for the heat wave :)

7/17/2006 05:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Man you aren't kidding betmo! There is nothing for it but to stand in some body of water or stay in the AC.

7/17/2006 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Great beach shots! I love the cut-up pics - what a trio!

We don't have much of a beach in Salt Lake City :-\

7/18/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger spadoman said...

Good job Mary....I just returned from the cabin on the lake in Northern Wisconsin doing the same as you, sittin' on my ass!

Good to be back and see you and other friends. I'll be up and blogging in a few days. :)

7/18/2006 03:12:00 PM  
Blogger glenda said...

hmmm, would love to be at the beach RIGHT now!

7/18/2006 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger thepoetryman said...

Looks like a blast! I love when the family and friends come around in droves...the laughter, the hugs, the tears, the fights, the love!

7/19/2006 01:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sothis said...

Looks wonderful. Looks like the boys are enjoying their summer!

7/19/2006 06:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Yeah! Spado's back. Can't wait for an update.
Thepoetryman summed it all up...laughter, hugs, tears, fights, love.
I have to work today but I'm going to try to sneak in an hour late in the day.

7/19/2006 09:56:00 AM  
Blogger handfulofearth said...

look at you, all your blog fans!!

must be all the bathing beauties you keep posting - oh wait, that's you & your family. couldn't hate you more. ;)

hope your firing goes well -

:)

7/19/2006 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Work is that stuff that interupts year round vacations.

Looks like the summer is going great for you and the family

7/20/2006 06:24:00 PM  
Blogger thepoetryman said...

:>)

7/20/2006 10:47:00 PM  
Blogger Reflections said...

Enjoy it when you can! Looks like fun to me,with family and friends, what more can you ask for.

7/22/2006 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters