Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Big Blogger Contest or DON'T VOTE FOR ME!

Imagine my surprise this morning when I read this posted by Mark my friend and fellow blogger. The ever clever and funny Mark has created a blogger reality game and I am in it!

My first thought was panic. I am not the competitive type. The people in Marks blog circle don't even know me. They know my sister Carla. Not me. Therefore I will definitely be the first voted off. I am not in their circle of friends. Okay. Chill. Who cares? It's just a silly game.

BUT! Before I hang my head in defeat and walk away let me remind the accountants at Follow and Spot of this birdhouse that was made w/my own two hands:



Is that Marks deck upon which the birdhouse is resting? Ummm...YES.
I would furthermore like you to note that I made the following references to The Follow Spot:

In which I get an artist friend of mine to do a drawing for Mark.
In which I randomly mention The Follow Spot.
In which I laud a Follow Spot post.
In which I mention The Follow Spot in a post titled THINGS I LIKE ALOT.
In which I make note of the hilarity of The Follow Spot.

I would also like to present to you, the readers of The Follow Spot the following:
Exhibit A


Yes, thats right. That is me with Megan.Lawrence. who starred in THE PAJAMA GAME on Broadway w/Harry Connick Jr. I think you all know Megan. Did you, her friends from The Follow Spot go to see her show in NYC? WELLLLLLLLLL let me present...
Exhibit B:
My Very First Post which chronicles my trip to NYC to see Megan Lawrence in THE PAJAMA GAME and the post where the above picture was taken. HA!
(Note to readers: You will notice if you follow the link to my first post that I don't normally look so heavy in any of the other pictures in that post. That's a bad picture of me w/Megan. I must have been cold and wearing layers.)

And one more thing for Follow Spot readers. I am sure you all have done many a show with Scott Dakin. Well he is my brother-in-law. Surely that excludes me from getting a vote.

And to my own circle of blog friends I know I can count on you when the call goes out. Hopefully...

7 Comments:

Blogger Margaret III said...

I actually cut out and saved Liz Smith's review of PAJAMA GAME that was published in the NY Post from right around the time you went. Of course, I meant to mail it, along with the books I have for you too, go figure. They are all with me now (article & books). I hope to mail to you from LG, unless I drive over to OC on my way back to FL...

8/23/2006 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Go Mary Go!
The Mermaid with the golden locks

Your sister is a good lookin gal
but you are the the really regal

Your sister has quite the looks
but you have all da catchy hooks

So don't know how to play only you qare supposed to do posts, but tell me where to go that I may cast my votes ...

8/24/2006 02:43:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

PS - Magic birdhouse!

8/24/2006 02:44:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the ditty Quasar. I'll let you know when I need NO vote.

8/24/2006 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

You got it in the bag Mary!!

8/24/2006 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger cream said...

Mary, I will not vote for you just in case your blog gets deleted.

8/24/2006 02:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you Cream and Donnie. I knew I could count on you.

8/24/2006 05:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters