Saturday, August 05, 2006

Happy Birthday Carla


Happy Birthday Carla! My youngest sibling. I think she will only be 38 today. NO FAIR! "Mom! It's not fair. Why does Carla get to be only 38."

This picture is from her 5th birthday. This is the birthday when I noticed something was not quite right. She got the beautiful nightgown, the bear, the other thing in her hand. There's a bracelet on one of those wrists. There was a white pant-suit. She got a BRAND NEW RED TRICYCLE. Ummm....none of the rest of us had ever had a new bike. Ours were always hand-me-downs from cousins. I'm sure there was more. This was not the usual meager haul of one of 7 children. (Believe me we were always more than pleased w/whatever we got. No complaints.)This was my first sniff of "she is special". And I mean look at her pose there. She is beveling her feet at the age of 5! Yes Carla was the golden child. I didn't mind really at all. If everyone was looking at her I could get away with more.

Okay one more picture from her modeling portfolio. This was for an ad for a plastic surgeon. Mind you, she has had no plastic surgery so it funny that they would use her but it just goes to show you.



Have a happy, happy day and a cosmo on me. (Scott can cover that for me.) I am proud of you.

Oh and I have to add this link from my funny friend Mark. That would be my sister Carla in a stage production of A Chorus Line. Of course Mark has added his special touch.

15 Comments:

Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Well Mary I came here to see the delights of your handiwork beatiful mosaics of mermaids, and you indulge with delightful pics of walking talking breathing mermaids too. That is some gorgeous sister you have, but if it's in the genes (genepool) I'm sure your hubby gets to see some such equally wistful delight every morn when he awakes.
Here's wishing you a great weekend!

8/05/2006 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I'd hit it :-)

8/05/2006 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Ummmm...thanks for the bathing suit picture - I just ate lunch and now I feel unsettled. If you ask me,she was chosen for th eplastic surgeon ad as someone who needs a little augmentation but whatever. Now, the picture at 5 is delightful. I have copied it to my computer for future fun. HA HA HA. When is your birthday Mary Sog? You say Carla was treated specially, but I think Carla thinks she was not....typical.

8/05/2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Scott- You would or you did? Don't even answer cause I already know.

Q- I think both Carla's husband (Scott) and mine are appreciative guys.

Mark- Can't you even be nice to Carla on her birthday? Did you get her a gift? And Carla is the youngest so of course she had easier not easy just easier.

8/05/2006 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Thank you for the birthday blog. Love it!!!
And I still remember that 5th birthday- it rocked. Mom says she gave everybody a 5th bday party........

8/05/2006 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger betmo said...

ok- that confirms it- i am officially jealous. everyone in your family is beautiful and nice apparently. have a happy birthday carla!

8/05/2006 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay Carla. Whatever. None of them were like yours. So let me know what you get this year.

Betmo don't be jealous. We are big-time dysfunctional and crazy. We do know how to have a good time but lord help us...

And by the way SCOTT, thanks for honoring my blog with a comment.

8/05/2006 07:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carla-
What is that thing in your hand anyway?

8/05/2006 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Thanks Betmo

Mary - no idea. Possibly something I'm eating? Oh and Scott said for my 38th he'd spring for laser hair removal.

8/06/2006 03:49:00 PM  
Blogger glenda said...

Ok, OK, don't rub it in...you were the family of beautiful women, all gorgeous, that we loved to hate in high school. Happy birthday, Carla, she said sulkily.
Damn those great genes!

8/06/2006 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

Man, what I wouldn't do for that bod!

8/06/2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Glenda- C'mon we were not cute in HS. Well I wasn't and I never was but come to think of it Carla was a cheerleader.

Beth- I agree. I work hard trying to have a bod like that and I still can't get it.

8/07/2006 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger DA said...

Wow, happy belated birthday. Great mosaic picture. You wouldn't have any single female 30ths family in the Netherlands too, er?

8/07/2006 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Carla said...

Thank you for this blog Mary!! It has been a fabulous ego booster and no matter what Mark says I needed some ego boosting!!! Even though one picture is 33 years old and the other is 10 or 11 years old.

8/08/2006 08:27:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Sorry DA...

Carla- Glad you enjoyed it.

8/10/2006 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters