Friday, September 08, 2006

Boardwalk Part 2




Honestly I hadn't been to the boardwalk at night in so many years. When the kids were little we would go ALL the time. There was a point in my motherng caree I started getting overload. (give me a break, 4 children since I was 21) I can't say exactly when it was but maybe it was when my first 2 hit the ever so lovely teen years. So everytime John would say "Let's go to the boardwalk!" I'd say, "Oh you guys go I'll stay home" and I would proceed to enjoy the peace and quiet of being home alone.




So this trip was nostalgic. It really brought back memories of hanging out with the kids. I especially thought about Taylor and Michael being babies and going on all the rides. I would come from Washington every weekend to see John and John would take the kids and I to the boardwalk. He got as much pleasure watching them on the rides as I did.




Something all the children will remember is John winning them prizes playing this game, a guaranteed winner.:


All the men know this is the one game that gets you the prize.



Now we feel like men! (He gave the prize to a little boy.)



Of course no visit to the boards is complete unless John gets his fries...



Now here is the update on the BIG BLOGGER CONTEST. I made it through that surprise round. Thank you to all who voted. I am going camping for the weekend. Hope I don't get voted off while I am away. Oh well...
Check this link to The Follow Spot if you want to see the Round 6 results.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Cream said...

The French Fries look delicious, Mary...
Enjoy your camping weekend!

9/08/2006 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Hi Mary, John et al
Life on the Boardwalk
looking good.
Have fun!!!

9/08/2006 03:01:00 PM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

I agree with Cream, those fries look wonderful. The place I stop at on the way to work has some fries that I can make a pig of myself with.

Every other Wednesday, when I get off for the week, I stop by the place and get some of their Cajun Battered Fries and Boudin Balls. Sometimes I get a couple of the Crawfish Pies!

Don't let the Irish last name fool you, it is an adopted name. Cajun through and through here. And not that commercialized kind of Cajun where they throw some red pepper on something and call it cajun.

9/08/2006 07:40:00 PM  
Blogger Callooh said...

yum fries!!

okay, obviously I have been away too long - no idea wot's going on wif any contests, but it looks fun...

great pictures, I know what you mean about the staying home - I crave peace and quiet, and I've only got the three kids!

oh, and I'm VERY SORRY I just now saw your comment on my Imagery Blog! I didn't think anyone looked there (and I thought I had it set to email notify!) sorry sorry sorry... changing settings presently!

9/08/2006 10:18:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

Hey, Mary...I want to go too!

I finally got the motivation to start a new blog.. My new screen name is no, though....

Beth

9/10/2006 08:40:00 AM  
Blogger Sothis said...

I miss boardwalks. That looks like so much fun. My daughter would love it.

Have fun camping!

9/11/2006 03:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Cream-I have never gotten into fries myself.

Hi Quasar.

Donnie- What is a boudin? I tried to google it but just got recipes that called for boudin.

Callooh- Just 3! I'd say that qualifies you for every minute of peace you can get.

Beth! Yeah! you're back.

Sothis- you can take them to the boardwalk when you get back. It won't be long.

9/11/2006 07:39:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret III said...

I didn't have a chance to leave a comment earlier in the week, but are the bumper cars still around? The Haunted House was always my favorite. When Mark and I were up last Thanksgiving, they had taken the giant bat down, but were going to open up for rides. I decided to wait until the giant bat was out before I ride it again. I got some fries at Thrashers, but Mark did not care for them, which I found odd, as he likes malt vinegar on fish. Whatever. I miss you.

9/14/2006 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Yes the Haunted House is still there and the bumper cars. Absolutely nothing changes on those boards. A few new rides.

9/14/2006 05:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters