Sunday, September 24, 2006

For Mark

This is for Marky Mark who doesn't think I'm posting enough. Here's what I've been busy doing.





These are drawings for another mosaic job. The customers live on the bay and want their kitchen backsplash mosaiced with scenes from the bay. They want fish and crabs and a blue heron. The thing is the backsplash is only 18 inches tall. I am working on scale drawings trying to make it all fit and realizing this is going to be some small work. The more detail I put in the harder it will be. I might nix the daylillies. So I am erasing and re-drawing blah, blah, blah.... Boring and not worthy of a post I thought.

Tomorrow I will be going to George Washington University in our nations capital with my daughter Taylor for a graduate school fair. Many local campuses will be represented like American, Catholic, George Mason, Maryland, Marymount etc. I am pretty excited to go. I hope she doesn't cancel at the last minute which is a very distinct possibility. It's a long drive for me but not bad at all for her. Plus I will have to come back home in the same day because I gotta work. I'll let you know how it goes. (Mark if you weren't in Alaska I would try to meet up with you. Sorry. Carla I am sure you are working but otherwise call my cell. Maybe we are around where ever you will be.)

Got to go make dinner. I've had a request from the family today to make Chicken Parmesan. Hm...don't I know someone else who likes that?

9 Comments:

Blogger beachblogger said...

i'm going to plant a day lilly garden this year!

peace, peter

9/24/2006 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger spadoman said...

Great stuff Mary, your work for the mosaics. Keep at it. I've been in my shop and getting things done as well. Seemsa like the cooler weather gives me the boost I need to work in my shop. I'll post some pics someday of the Westside Workshop. Maybe some pics of the snowshoes and other stuff I make as well.

Chicken Parm.....MMMMMMMMM good. I bought some melanzane at the farmers market yesterday. Gonna fry some up and make eggplant parm for dinner tonight!

Good to be back home again. Peace.

9/25/2006 07:12:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Peter- My husband has them planted everywhere here. They are so low maintenance.

Spadoman
I bet you are about ready for a home-cooked meal.
I went to this great Italian Restaurant the other night. I didn't want to order anything I make at home because they have an authentic Italian chef. I had a fabulous chicken and eggplant dish. No breading. Stacked. To die for.

9/25/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

And to think that I settled for fried shrimp yesterday. ;)

9/25/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger thepoetryman said...

Okay... The mosaics sound beautiful and the food talk has made me very hungry! Oh well... I will eat!

Peace.

9/25/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger carbunclefrank said...

You guys are all making me hungry. Guess I'll go make a roasted pepper and saugage fritatta with some sprinkled parmesan cheese on top. Hey, Mary.....I think I posted a pic but I lost my words somewhere.

9/25/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Nice.

I always admire anyone with an artistic eye. I don't have it.

9/25/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Wow!
I can see the magic
breaking thru
I can see the traces
showing thru

9/25/2006 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Donnie- Fried shrimp sounds good to me.

Thanks Poetryman. Yes. Get something to eat.

Carbuncle- That fritatta sounds yummy. We are on a little Italiano roll here.

Thank you Antonio but aren't you an actor? Thats art.

Thanks Quasar. It will find itself.

9/25/2006 08:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters