Saturday, September 16, 2006

Nothing....

I have nothing to report or talk about all week on my blog. Nothing. I have been ill since Monday when I awoke with a sore throat which proceeded through the week and progressed into cough, headache, stuffy nose, runny nose,fever, chills...I don't know a cold symptom I don't have. Like a dumbass, around Wednesday I was feeling the slightest bit better and went for a 5 mile run. It's been downhill since then. I am trying to lay around today but two 13 year old boys horsing around all day doesn't make for much relaxation. Either does the dirt biker or three wheeler (they are both noisy) riding up and down my road all day.(Did I ever mention you can practically touch my house from the road?) I've been fantasizing all day about ridding the earth of these annoyances.

In addition it's Bike Week in Ocean City which means in between boys and dirt bikes, masses of motorcyclists come down the road (I guess they are stretching their legs a bit as OC is one 10 mile road w/much traffic and hoards of cops put on duty just for this event.) Normally I don't mind Bike Week because there are so many cool bikes out there to look at. I'm just not handling the noise well this time. And it is irritating having massive amounts of cops on duty everywhere. I had to take Johnny to a Doc in Salisbury which is a city 30 minutes from OC. You pass through on your way to OC. There is only one route. I passed 4! speed traps. Are they trying to discourage these visitors from coming to OC? Unfortunately who do you think they succeeded in catching? No, not me. John. Friday when he was running to and from jobs he received a $160 speeding ticket. (The job he was coming from was just someone trying to get an estimate for insurance purposes. After John measured and gave an estimate the guy told him and then had the nerve to ask if he could recommend anyone else.) Needless to say it was a bad day for John.

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend. I'm sure you are glad you stopped by to hear my bitching. I don't do it often do I?




I took this for Spadoman
and forgot to include it in my boardwalk post so I will put it here in my Bike Week and poor sick me bitching, post.

14 Comments:

Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

And I bet you took your Ipod on that 5Mi. run, too, huh?:) Girl, I warned you about those things!:) Hope you feel better real soon. I bet John must just be in a great mood!...(:

Re bikes....our house is similar to yours, in that the street is almost our front yard. Also, when rhe road goes past our place, it has been dug about four feet below grade, then both sides were lined with brick. There's two big Harley shops on our road, just a few miles past us, who are always putting on something or other. A group of ten of fifteen those tricked out Harley's pipes echoing off those brick walls.....

We also see some beautiful bikes, tho, as well as a lot of vintage cars, so it's worth it - except on those days I have a headache.:)

9/16/2006 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger beachblogger said...

i hope you feel better soon.

peace, peter

9/16/2006 08:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Cream said...

Poor you and John!!!
Cold and speeding tickets suck!!!
And the bloody cheek of being asked to recommend someone in the same profession!!! Hahaha! What a cheek!!!
Something new everyday!!!

9/16/2006 08:35:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

...and it doesn't help matters having the delayed suspense of the big blogger contest, does it?

Go Mary, Go Mary, Go Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/16/2006 09:31:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA- I see you can exactly relate. And you might be right about that ipod THIS time. Maybe if I didn't have it I would have listened to my body and not gone so far.

Thank you Peter.
Peace

Cream- Bloody cheek is right! I guess we all have bad days but this is one for the records.

Beth-Exactly! At least could I have some bloody results! (I like this 'bloody' stuff.) Like I need the anxiety.

I haven't been getting comments in my email for a few days. Is this happening to anyone else? Usually I know if someone has commented because it will show up in my email and I haven't changed any settings except to allow anonymous comments (for you Beth but I guess I can change that). It's much easier than having to check the blog for comments.

9/16/2006 09:55:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

Your day sounds like mine. Only instead of dealing with teenagers, I dealt with all three of my sons (6 and under) and all the neighborhood as well..It was such a afun day!

Now that I have a name (NO), you could change your anonymous setting..

For some reaason, I got an e-mail deamon unsendable thingy saying that you didn't get your message..how wierd.

it's a blogger thing, I think.

9/16/2006 10:30:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Beth- Ah a houseful of kids. Nothing better eh? Better luck tomorrow.

9/16/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

Thanks, Mary. I bloody well better have a better day! Same to you!

9/17/2006 06:38:00 AM  
Blogger carbunclefrank said...

I found that drinking half a bottle of nyquil with a shot of tequila will put you to sleep for about 3 days.....more than enough time to feel better........and lose about 6 pounds too, but I wouldnt recommend it because there are side effects. The kids will wreck the house and John will miss you. Hope you feel better soon.

9/17/2006 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Great pic Mary!

I thought it was a motorbike show, till I remembered you were on the boardwalk, and then I noyiced it is a carousel

9/17/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger Sothis said...

Mary--bitch away. If you are sick and have to deal with teenagers you deserve a few days at a spa and a whole lot of pampering.

I hope you feel better!

9/17/2006 04:18:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Mary, I've had that problem with blogger not emailing me for the past few weeks. Half the time I don't get an email, and when I do, it usually comes a day after someone has left the comment.

9/17/2006 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks Sothis. If only we could have those spa days as needed...

Antonio- Thanks for the info.

9/17/2006 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

Thanks for stopping by my place, mary! Sorry to hear you've been sick. Sounds like I've had the same thing this past week. How'd it get from the east coast to the west (or vice versa) so fast? Hope you're feeling better!

9/17/2006 10:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters