Monday, October 02, 2006

Box Tops for Katrina

I have had children in our local school system for something like 18 years straight. In the elementary and intermediate grades they save Box Tops for Education. The program allows schools to get supplies and equipment in exchange for product proofs. Out of habit I still collect them even though I no longer have children in the lower grades (yeah!).

I normally drop them off at one of the kids former schools but I got to thinking (imagine) there are probably schools that were hit by Katrina that could really use these right about now. A search on the computer pointed me to a woman in Utah who is collecting them for her grandkids school in Mississippi. I will place the info below which you will probably have to click on to see bigger. If you are interested or already collect why not send them where they are really needed. If anyone is aware of other schools that were hit by Katrina and they also collect let me know.

Edit: If you click on the picture below it will enlarge. Then if you put the cursor at what SHOULD be the right margin (on the 2nd page thats right below the ziploc icon)it will enlarge to full size. Otherwise I can e-mail the flyers to you.




6 Comments:

Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Sounds like an idea who's time long since was due. One thing: What kind of box tops? Ex: Cornflakes only.....?

10/02/2006 10:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! What a great idea! You may have hit the jackpot, my friend!

Keep up the soulful work...

Peace.

10/03/2006 12:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The above was me, thepoetryman. I have a "beta" blogger issue, more like an irritation really.

10/03/2006 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

It seems like I don't use a lot of these products, but I'll collect the UPCs from the ones I do. Thanks Mary!

10/03/2006 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Gee I had no idea about this. I guess because I don't have any kids. I'll have to start saving the labels on these products.

10/03/2006 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you everyone. It's easy you will see. I don't seek out the products but I just look for that little BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION that is on the package somewhere and you just cut that out. I keep a baggie in drawer and throw them in there.

10/03/2006 06:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters