Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Okay...

Okay...so my blogging has sucked lately. I really am busy. I did another load of tiles in the kiln.

























Some good and some bad. Nothing new there.










I am still WAITING for the bay/marsh mosaic to start. Umm...I think I got that job in July and it was supposed to start in September. I had a call about it Thursday. Something along the lines of almost ready.

John made up some frames for mosaic mirrors at last. Hopefully I can get some of those made.














Now this next part is for you Carla. I enjoying seeking out different varieties of pumpkins for a lovely doorside fall display.
















Recently (right before Halloween to be precise) someone hijacked one of my pumpkins and decorated it with paint and a bandana and the words "Thug Life". Now I realize I should have blogged about this a couple of weeks ago when the aforementioned pumpkin was looking more spry but I didn't so here is what remains:













The creator of this pumpkin is shown below, looking quite "thugish" I might add in his too small boxers on his way back from the laundry room (in the barn) with his hamper. (A job he was surely forced to do.)










I asked myself the other morning as I drove past the "Thug Life" pumpkin, "Why do I not get rid of it?" The answer, as my sister pointed out to me is it's funny.

I wonder what the farmers think?

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a real thug life... There's a song in there somewhere... :>)

11/15/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

LOL!! But if Carla likes it, it just has to stay up.

11/15/2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

I love your mosaics.

The thug life eh? Has he ever seen a prison...;-)

11/15/2006 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great tiles, Mary! Can't wait to see the mirrors!

11/15/2006 03:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Keep Thugging along...." I know....groan.:)

That blue one, bottom right of the blue bunch. It calls to me.......

Wonderful work, Mary!!

11/15/2006 04:12:00 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Thug life! Ahhhhhahhhhaa! Funny. I love these kids. They truly make my day. As for the tiles - beautiful!

11/15/2006 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Poetryman- I am pretty sure a song inspired it.

Donnie-It's staying.

Ole Blue- I believe he is in the prison that is 'puberty'.

Thank you Cream! Me too.

LOL TUA! Now do you mean the dark blue with the dragonflies?

Peacechick- That's why I keep him and the thug pumpkin around. As you know a laugh is a good thing.

11/15/2006 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Hey, are you using overglazes on those tiles? Or slips?

Just wondering! You make me all jealous to make ceramics again...

11/16/2006 12:52:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Lukku- On these tiles is all overglaze. If I am doing something more detailed like a fish or flower or something then I use the underglazes.
Do you still have a kiln? A wheel?

11/16/2006 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary
you are the new martha, the tiles are great. You really are very talented

11/16/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dawn- I wish I made her money or had her assistants!

11/16/2006 10:59:00 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

No kiln or wheel for me - until we decide to entirely renovate the back of the garage :-p

There's a pottery down the road that does classes, tho - so I might check them out when I have the time, i.e. maybe sometime next summer, the way things are going...!

11/16/2006 02:30:00 PM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary
We all wish we had her money, I just wanted to let you know the girl that I work with has a copy of Grey Garden and she's going to lend it to me. I'm kicking myself because I got a call today to go see the show tonight and I can't because we have my niece flying in from Florida.

11/16/2006 03:56:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/16/2006 04:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dawn- I can't believe it! I would seriously have to make excuses to my niece (and I would). But at least you live there. I have got to get up there and see it. So let me know what you think after you watch it.

11/16/2006 04:29:00 PM  
Blogger msliberty said...

I love the tiles at the top the best. The color. The design. I want them for the pathway in my garden. :)

11/16/2006 11:03:00 PM  
Blogger glenda said...

Do you paint the tiles by hand or use some kind of transfer ...they are exquisite!! I had to go back and look at them 3 or 4 times.

11/17/2006 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thank you msliberty and glenda. You are too kind. I paint them by hand. I wish I had a transfer.

11/17/2006 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

hey sometimes it works
and sometimes it works

Sometimes it flows
Sometimes it glows

11/18/2006 05:40:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Mary, Another gorgeous day
blazing sun, gotta dash
before it goes, the days are short the nights are long in the winter months

PS - Come over my place this weekend and "Make A Wish"

11/18/2006 05:42:00 AM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Mary, will you post pics of the completed tile project?

11/19/2006 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Hi Quasar. I'll be right over...

Welcome Yoga! I will definitely post the finished product. I strut around for at least a week once I've completed something. They are finally ready for me to start the backsplash project so right after Thanksgiving I am all over it. I can't wait!

11/19/2006 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters