Monday, November 06, 2006

Sorry, I've been busy...

What can I say about my shabby blogging lately? I have been busy and that's good. The weather has been getting colder and colder so on Saturday I decided (and believe me I have to force myself as I hate shopping around here) to run up to Salisbury to get some long-sleeved t's. I accomplished the missions swiftly at Old Navy. Bought 7 long-sleeved t's. Then I ran into Target to buy a Thomas O'Brien big, soft, plush, bathmat. These bathmats are the shiz no lie. After that I bought a new car. WTF? Umm hmmm. I bought a new car. Just like that!

I am the QUEEN of research before purchase. I get my ass ready when I am going to buy a car. I am NOT getting ripped off. NOT! We were "talking" about getting a new car and I had been researching but didn't want to do all that work w/o test driving. Taylor, who has gone to college, helped pay for her schooling, lives on her own and pays her own bills, and is now looking for a graduate school was going to need another car. We decided to give her our 3 year old Element and buy a new car for me. I called John who was also in Salisbury at a lacrosse tryout with Johnny to come test drive w/me. We met at the Toyota dealer.

I would LIKE a car that can ride on the beach and that can handle all the crap like surfboards, and lacrosse gear and all my mosaic stuff. I definitely want a car that has room in the back because the kids need it when we go on long road trips and we do go on long road trips because John doesn't like to fly. The back seats of the Toyota, didn't recline even a little (come on) and there was No leg room back there. I am telling you right now...Once you have had an Element there is no going back. I can take it on the sand. There is so much room in that thing it isn't even funny.





The seats flip up against the sides and look at all that cargo room.
There is no carpet in it.(But you can get one w/carpet which I think would be stupid) Why would you want carpet in a car? You put your feet in a car w/o the advantage of wiping them off first. It is so easy to clean and I love CLEAN. AND it has a really good price on it. So we went over and looked at the Hondas. We liked it but I told John I can't buy w/o researching the price. He said okay. Lets just make a super-low offer and see what they come back with.

We made an offer, they came back. They let me use their computer so I could check. We bought a car.

16 Comments:

Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Nice car!

11/06/2006 11:13:00 AM  
Blogger pissed off patricia said...

Just the thought of buying a car gives me a headache. Nothing against car salesmen, but it's always so much more a hassle than it needs to be.

11/06/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger glenda said...

productive day...nice!!

11/06/2006 03:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one, though I think it would have been a cheaper day if you had stayed in Target.

Boy those suicide doors are really making a comeback.

11/06/2006 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger betmo said...

good for you!! you are a liberal through and through you target shopper you :) nice car.

11/06/2006 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

ohhhh, I like it - I prefer the ones that are one color on the trims - like yours and mine. I like your cars color a lot. Funny - I passed one like that on the road today and comented on how I liked the color. Congrats!!!

11/06/2006 08:27:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Ole Blue- Thank you very much!

Pop- I couldn't agree more. Just sell me a car for a fair price. I feel like I have to put on my armour before I go. Then if you make past the salesman and go into finance you still have to refuse everything they try to sell you. And they are almost worse! They get pissed off when you say no to everything. But I do.

Glenda- Indeed.

Willowtree- I just wanted a test drive really.

Betmo- Not much choice around here.

Mark- Wow! Love the new picture.

I like this color too. Its called something like Galaxy Gray Metallic and John keeps calling it Taupe which is annoying me.

11/06/2006 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

I am the QUEEN of research before purchase.
Then I married your Sister!! My wife "researched" a toaster once, I shit you not! A G.D. toaster!! LOL!! We were in Walmart right after we moved down here, and she wanted to buy a trash can. "Without researching it???" She got a little warm.:) Honda flat makes a good product when it comes to cars. And their service seems to be as good as their cars. I hate to say this, but I worked 32 years for GM....and the last car I bought was a Toyota. GM "service" has been a nightmare of gigantic proportions since I can remember, and I simply refused to endure it any longer. And finally, we put the two cars "side by side" when I were test driving......no contest. FYI...there is no GM car (or any other domestic for that matter) that is completely made in the USA. They're allowed to say "made in the USA" now, when the parts come from China, and put together here...(:

11/07/2006 04:15:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA- Give my sister a high 5 for me.

11/07/2006 07:47:00 AM  
Blogger carbunclefrank said...

cute car Mary
looks like it mirrors your character; light and airy, carefree yet with a stable can do attitude. good choice

11/07/2006 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger Sothis said...

Cute car--I was looking at the Element in the States, too. Was just a little too big for me. Honda makes great cars. Happy driving!

Target. I miss Target...

11/07/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Good for you Mary, if something works stick with it but whats with the bathroom mats

11/07/2006 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Frank- You are too sweet. I definitely would feel bad if I spent alot on a car. It seems like such a waste of money. I just need a utilitarian car that can get the job done. The only luxury here is the XM radio. Finally I have Air America!

Hi Sothis! Let me know if you need something and I will send over.

Dawn- Just go get one and you will see what I am talking about when you step out of your shower and on to this bathmat.

11/07/2006 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

I hate that Honda has XM and not Sirius - sO I had Sirius installed in my Element. Hey, I can't figure out how to fold my seats up in the back. I can't get the seats to fold up on themselves - perhaps I should read the manual

11/07/2006 06:09:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dammit! I didn't even know there were 2 different kinds of satellite radios. Is that why I can't find some things i thougt I'd have?
Okay first totally flatten your seats by pulling the tag on the seat somewhere around where your ass goes.
2nd pull the tag on the floor by the seat. That releases it from the ground. Pull it up towards the sides and take that little hook thing that climbers use and hook the seat to the wall. It's so easy.

11/07/2006 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger Turtle Guy said...

I giggled just a bit - "shabby blogging"??

Thanks for the laugh.

11/07/2006 11:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters