Sunday, December 10, 2006

This is for my friend Su...

I am posting this recipe for my friend Su who is amazingly creative and designed THE most beautiful business card for me. She asked for the recipe for this cookie and so I am posting it for her.


Peanut Butter Swirls



½ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
½ crunchy peanut butter
1 egg
2TBS milk
1 ¼ cups sifted flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 6oz. Package chocolate chips
(I actually probably almost double those choc. chips)


Cream shortening and sugar till light.
Beat in peanut butter, egg, and milk.
Sift together flour, salt, and soda; stir into creamed mixture.
Place dough on lightly floured wax paper. Roll into approx. 15x8x1/4
Rectangle.
Melt chocolate over hot water in a double boiler.
Spread over dough. (You have to do this part kinda quick)
Roll like jelly roll, lifting wax paper slightly w/ea. Turn.
Chill ½ hour. Slice cookies ¼” thick.
Place on ungreased sheet.
Bake 375 degrees 8-10 minutes.
4 dozen

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my again! yum!

12/10/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Yum, indeed!

12/10/2006 06:59:00 PM  
Blogger msliberty said...

Those cookies look DELICIOUS!

Thank you for sharing the recipe!

12/11/2006 12:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just think that recipe's just for her.:)

An Ipod?

maybe he'll run over it with a tank or something.:P

12/11/2006 01:36:00 AM  
Blogger spadoman said...

You might have me in a baking mood. These look great!

12/11/2006 06:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My God, Mary, how do you have time for it all?

12/11/2006 06:57:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Wow! This looks like a wonderful twist on peanut butter cookies! I'll try making them later this week! Thanks!

Yesterday was the red velvet cake at my house . Started on the pinwheel dough..
No sense in baking all at once!Plus my attention span doesn't last as long as it used to! ;)

12/11/2006 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

Great recipe, Mary!
After these last 2 posts of yours, I'm gonna have to make some cookies now. I went out and bought the ingredients yesterday. I guess the next step is to do the work. Wanna come over and help? ;)

Katie has me hungry for red velvet cake...one of my favorites!

12/11/2006 09:31:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA- You are such a bad boy.

I hope you all get to taste these because they are so good.

Viking- You gotta make time! It'll be worth it.

KM- My daughters boyfriend loves Red Velvet cake. I have never had it.

Bluegrrrrl- You have no idea how I would like to be out your way helping you with your baking.

12/11/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger betmo said...

oh- i am so stealing this recipe!!

12/12/2006 08:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters