Wednesday, December 20, 2006

THE Tree!



So there it is. My picture makes it look like it's in some small little bare corner I think. It is actually at the end of my kitchen/dining area. I live in a small farmhouse so the rooms are actually pretty small. It wouldn't fit in the living room.



You can see it from the living room through the French doors. I usually have a Balinese bench where the tree is. I move it into the library (very pretensious of me to call it the library isn't it?) for Christmas.



I love the way the bench looks in this room and have been longing for another to put in here for years. It is the perfect spot to lay and read in the morning. You can see in the picture how close I am to the road. Oh and when the birds ca-ca all over the house, guess which side it is? It's this corner. You raise the blinds and the windows are covered with it. And guess what I saw yesterday when I raised the blinds? You guessed it. They are getting more frequent. I powerwashed the house yesterday by the way. My first time. (Yet another power tool I recommend you all get. That thing cleans everything!) But like I had time to powerwash the house at this time of year! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT THOSE DAMN BIRDS?

12 Comments:

Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Nice looking house!
Too busy, but on the fly put 10 songs together, that you might not have heard.
If you want more and more diverse, I can do something else after the end of the year!
http://rapidshare.com/files/8265055/songs.rar

12/20/2006 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hubby power washes everything! I'm going to have to try it sometime! Lovely Tree..Lovely house...I want a library too...

12/20/2006 09:48:00 AM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

The tree is beautiful. And you house is lovely! Have a wonderful Christmas!

12/20/2006 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

have you tried one of those big plastic owls? I have no idea if they work, but I've seen them used a bunch.

sounds like the birds are nesting somewhere in that corner. you could find the spot they're using (during the winter) and make it unavailable to them for when nesting time comes around the following spring.

and, I love your tree! no tree for us this year. we're traveling.

12/20/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Coffee you are the bomb. I can't wait to hear this!

Viking- Oh you must try it. It's awesome.

Krissy- Thank you. A wonderful Christmas to you too.

Alice- I have been thinking about that but I am not sure how I would get it up there. VERY large old tree.
I can't wait for the day I say I can't put up a tree, I'm traveling. I am complelled by my children to participate. Of course I live for their joy so I do it.

12/20/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,

Your tree looks beautiful. I love my power washer! I saw an ad where you can buy bird seed with food color in it to match your car so when they do-do it blends in, could you use something like that?

peace, peter

12/20/2006 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Matching bird droppings! Ohhh Peter. We've had some good luck with the plastic owls. They can be put on the roof or anyplace near where the birds roost and they stay away from that area. We also hung shiny aluminum pie plates and that seemed to cause the birds some confusion. Your tree is capital L lovely. Everything looks so warm and inviting.

12/20/2006 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dear Peter,

You are too funny.

Peace,
Mary

Peacechick- I will find a way to get the owl in the tree.

Coffee Messiah- You did it again! I love your mixes!

12/20/2006 06:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree Mary looks wonderful!

12/21/2006 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger glenda said...

Get a scarecrow!!
Love the photos..lovelt home, lovely tree.

12/21/2006 08:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tree is very nice!!!!

12/21/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sister is not

she didnt bring you to our Christmas party

12/21/2006 09:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters