Thursday, February 22, 2007

One Big Post (and Party)

Alrighty then. Here's how my week has gone. I've been putting this off. I don't know why. Tired maybe. Or maybe I am just wallowing a little in the emotions. Bittersweet. Where to start, where to start....

We picked Michael up on Thursday which as any regular reader or aquaintence of mine knows, is 99 cent taco night so off we went. (Bluegrrrrl I was thinking of you as I enjoyed my Margarita's).

Friday my daughter Taylor and her boyfriend Sheldon arrived. Michael wanted to go see some friends of his that evening who are in a band called Lower Class Citizens. An excellent band. They asked us to come along but I had to decline as SOMEONE had to prepare for the party that was being held the next day. But John went.





Taylor and Michael. It's good to see them together.



Ummm...is that a shot in John's hand?



On to Saturday and the BIG party for Michael. Instead of hiding under the bed we decided to participate. Here's a picture I like to call "John about to take a shot."



Followed up by "John finishing a shot."



John and Michael (you guessed it) taking a shot.




And I'll finish with this one which I call "WTF?"



Seriously it was a great party. Everyone got to blow off some steam and just have fun.















I saved the best for last....


At least the last for that night. We rested 2 days and Michael asked us to join him again on Tuesday when Lower Class Citizens were again playing. How can we refuse him?



My friends Deb and Bill happen to be the parents of two of the band members and we ran into them. (There was alot of artificial fog happening at this bar I think.)




Have you had enough? Well if I have to I will do it all again next week.

19 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

What a Fantastic post!!!! I can't turn the TV on without seeing doom, gloom and body bags. Thank God for posts like this one.

2/23/2007 03:58:00 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Mary, that was great!
So nice to see your family together for Michael's return!
I hope he doesn't have to go back but on the other hand, if he did, think of the next family gathering!!
Glad you had a good time!

2/23/2007 04:16:00 AM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

What a nice looking family! : )
Looked like a special time indeed!

2/23/2007 05:18:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret III said...

I am glad you are all having a good time enjoying Michael. I hope the rest of our family checks out your blog posts. I remember that outdoor fireplace - everyone's favorite spot!

2/23/2007 05:34:00 AM  
Blogger just me said...

What a wonderful celebration! I don't know what it is about men, but put two together in a room with a bottle of booze and they try to out-shot themselves. I am so glad that you have this time with your family.
Blessings.

2/23/2007 06:40:00 AM  
Blogger carbunclefrank said...

Looks like John became a two-fisted drinker and the shot glasses got a lot bigger....of course he wouldnt be able to notice that by then because his eyes are half-closed. Fantastic, happy, feel good post. Thank you Mary ..and family.

2/23/2007 07:28:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Surprising response. I thought you guys were gonna tell us to check into rehab!

Cream- It is only temporary. We have a little more than a week left before Michael goes back. :-(

2/23/2007 08:20:00 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I know that bittersweet taste of feeling the need to dive deep into the moment of loving contact with someone who is leaving. There is a thirst that can not be stopped no matter how many shots are served. There is close at hand love to share and cherish like it might be a forever gift. Well done. Very well done, Mary.

2/23/2007 08:45:00 AM  
Blogger No said...

Party on, Garth!

2/23/2007 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

Thank you so much for sharing these pics! Made my morning...

Nah, you don't need rehab...just enjoy the time with your son!

2/23/2007 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Looks like everyone had a blast at the party! LOL, John looks like he had more fun than the kids! HAHA!

2/23/2007 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger msliberty said...

OMG!

Are you guys playing Beer Pong?!?!

Awesome pics, Mary!

I am so happy that your family gets to spend this time together!

2/23/2007 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Can't beat it Mary
Lots of drink and loved ones all around, so who is getting the next round (of drinks).

2/24/2007 06:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Peacechick- You sure hit that nail on the head. We are diving deep.

Beth- Party on Wayne!

Bluegrrrrl-Will do!

Donnie- Yes he is identifying with the young boys. Funny to watch but I don't want that hangover.

Msliberty- Yes. I must admit that was beer pong in the barn. Then my youngest tried it with soda and got a wicked tummy ache. Setting good examples early around here.

Quasar- The next round is always on us!

2/24/2007 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Eat, Drink, and be Merry....Mary!:) I just hope you weren't matching John shot for shot!:) Come to think of it though....that's not such a bad idea after all!

Enjoy!!!
Hugs

2/24/2007 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger supergirlest said...

good times, good times! i heart party pictures! john looks so very pleased with his shots. ;)

did i just see that michael has to go back? :( i thought he was home for good? i know you're enjoying every minute. and that band's name is great. i'm a sucker for a good band name anyday.

2/24/2007 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Micheal sooo looks like the both of you, he's going to savour those memories that you guys so easily make (parties, fun get together, love drink and merriment hurrah etc etc).. great pics and what do you mean rehab? We all want to party and be happy with you, I'd have a Mai Tai, so hereby.. here's a Mai Tai to another week with Michael (here here, prosit! cheers!)
hugs!
Ingrid

2/24/2007 11:01:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA-Hell no I wasn't matching him. I learned loooooooooooong ago that shots can make a girl do crazy things. Which by the way is why I am sure John kept asking me to do them.

Supergirliest- Unfortunately not home for good. Just a couple weeks and then back from whence he came. That explains all the drinking.
The band and its name rock. There good boys.

Ingrid- We are cranking out the memories. Is it possible we can get the troops sent home by the end of next week? Oh well, pass the Mai Tai...

2/25/2007 12:22:00 PM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

haha! You guys have the greatest times!!! I love all the pictures! Thank you!

2/25/2007 01:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters