Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Birthday Girl

Here's my birthday girl Lisa! She turned 17 on the 18th.



My mother, who is 100% Irish was rooting for her to be born on the 17th which is of course St. Patricks Day. She wanted an Irish baby. It would irritate John when she said this is what she wanted. He insisted that his baby wouldn't be born on the 17th. Well John won and Lisa came on the 18th. Every year he calls my mother on St. Patricks Day to give her a hard time.



This St. Patricks Day John called and asked me if he should bring home some brown sugar, Jamesons and whipped cream. I asked him if he had just spoken with my mother. He wouldn't have otherwise known the ingredients for Irish Coffee. He had. Unfortunately she didn't get her Irish Coffee as she is in the hospital this St. Pats.

John took me out for dinner that night and I had an Irish Coffee for dessert but they don't make it Moms way. We then went to the bar part of the restaurant which was jammed w/people in green drinking Stout and shots of Jamesons. I managed to get this hat and take this picture for my mother. Just a wee bit 'o revenge for me Mam.



Back to LISA! I haven't had much time to post and I am tardy with this one for Lisa. She's a beautiful person inside and out. Here's one more picture to share and some of her artwork.





Happy Birthday Lisa! We love you.

16 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

Happy birthday lisa, you have a great mom

3/20/2007 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Happy birthday to your girl. She is very beautiful.

3/20/2007 01:50:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Yep! Happy Birthday, Lisa!
Another year and she'll be able to have an Irish coffee...

3/20/2007 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Happy Birthday to a young woman who obviously has artistic talent. Love the colors in her painting.

3/20/2007 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! ; )

You really must do something about the clown who puts himself in all your pictures! ; )

3/20/2007 06:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dizzy Dezzi said...

She may not have been born with the luck 'o the irish, but she sure got her mama's good looks!

Happy Birthday, Lisa!

3/20/2007 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! You are a bit more Irish than me; please see the Irish post.

John is jealous and you and your mom are beautiful!

3/20/2007 10:36:00 PM  
Blogger beachblogger said...

happy birthday Lisa! i love your painting!
peace, peter

3/20/2007 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

How come I get hungry every time I come over here?:)

Happy Birthday, Lisa; you're a Beautiful young Lady!!

And I hated that green beer! UGH!:)

3/21/2007 02:06:00 AM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

What a nice birthday tribute to your beautiful daughter!

And a nice laugh over the pic of John...
I did not know the real ingredients for Irish Coffee...

I went to a St. Patty's day party at an Irish friend's house & listened to Celtic music and drank Guiness & Harp's and listened to people tell bawdy Irish jokes with fake Irish brogues. There was even a real Irish nun there, Sister Mary Elizabeth or something like that. A good time was had by all until somebody started talking about whether to put the punctuation inside or outside the quotation mark.

I hope your mom gets out of the hospital soon!

3/21/2007 09:19:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

What fabulous family pictures! Thank you for sharing Mary! I'm sure your daughter had a great birthday!St. Paddies is more fun when I'm home in Montana.

I hope your mum is feeling better soon!!

3/21/2007 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Clampett said...

duder: you got permission from your daughter, right?

(this looks like one of those potentially explosive/embarrassing cheek-pinching situations)

fyi....excellent post, great pics, etc,etc.

3/21/2007 11:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dawn- You are so sweet. I thought you were blogging more. It's okay. I understand.

Ole Blue- Thank you.

Cream- No you have to be 21 here these days before you can have that. But I don't kid myself.

Peacechick- I am very attracted to those colors too.

Coffee- I noticed that too...

Dizzy- Your too kind. I believe she is getting all her good looks from the other side.

Yoga - Thank you. I will check out your post in a minute. I am so behind.

Peter- It's a joyful painting isn't it?

TUA- Sorry to make you hungry. All she wanted was a strawberry short cake. Not a cake-cake. REAL Strawberry shortcake. See, she isn't even hard to please.

Bluegrrrrl- It's always a good time when you hang out with the Irish.

Hi Katie- Thanks!

3/21/2007 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger DA said...

Happy belated birthday Lisa!

3/22/2007 01:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Clampett- Thanks for stopping by. Don't worry. She can handle it. Besides I'm a mom. What can I say?

DA- Thank you

3/22/2007 07:19:00 AM  
Blogger No said...

sorry--a wee bit late on this one!! Happy Birthday, Lisa..love your artwork.

3/23/2007 05:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters