Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Blogging for Peace.


Try to imagine yourself as a lifelong Iraqi citizen.
What do you think would motivate you?
How do you think your life would change if foreign combatants left the country?
How do you think you would feel about the United States and other occupying countries?

It's hard to imagine myself as a lifelong citizen of Iraq because it is so far from my world, my culture and everything I have ever experience or believe. But as a human who is a mother I can imagine that my goals would revolve around my children and giving them a good life. Food, shelter, PEACE. A feeling of security. I would like to think I would want this so much that I would stand up against things that I felt were wrong.

It is also hard for me to imagine life in a country occupied by foreign combatants. I am sure my only concern would again be for my families safety. I would only hope for peace in my country. I would be angry at anyone who was causing all the bloodshed and would want them to leave. I am sure it would be an unbearable situation. It is an unbearable situation.

9 Comments:

Blogger Katie McKenna said...

I do agree with you. Our bottom line is our family.... what we want and need for them... regardless of what side of the fence we are on. Peace.

4/03/2007 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Of course, it all starts at home and should then spread through the community.

I too thought my answers were on the slim side, but, I'm all worded out on this subject! ; (

And truly feel sorry for all the people in the middle of the BS gw brought their way! ; (

4/03/2007 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

I remember the "shock n' awe" night. All night, I was worried about all the children who were scared and crying. So, being a mother here gives us empathy for other parents. It has to be a continual nightmare, day and night for them. I do hope we can get our troops out and let life settle down for their sake as well as our own.

4/03/2007 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Peace? Not with Republicans in office.

4/03/2007 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

yes.

4/03/2007 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger C-dell said...

Cool I will have to check that movie out, and those blogs.

4/07/2007 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger Psychomikeo said...

Add my blog to the one million blogs for peace... now if some one we teach me how to make a blog roll, then I could start my own list. Thanx!

4/08/2007 09:57:00 AM  
Blogger just me said...

I think if I were an Iraqi citizen, I would be terrified. But they have been fighting about something for a long time now. And, I may be wrong, but in most Arab countries the children are the sole ownership of the father. But as a mother, the constant fear would be a horrible thing to endure.

4/10/2007 08:09:00 AM  
Blogger supergirlest said...

yes, i think we do really want the same things. we are all connected, after all...

4/10/2007 09:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters