Saturday, May 05, 2007

South Carolina

Why does travel wear you out so? Man. I have been unpacking and doing laundry and sleeping. This morning, first thing we drove to Easton for a lacrosse game. I was almost allergic to getting back in the car. That's right, my whole trip down south was taken in a car. No flying here.

The first leg of our journey took us about 10 hours from home. We had a wedding on the beach in SC. My sister had found a house for us that was built in the 1920's for employees of the Pepsi company (or maybe it was Coca-Cola). It was a bit hodge-podge and obviously old but really I ended up loving it. It had a lot of character which I think is a must. We were on the ocean and the house had a huge screened in porch that most of the bedrooms had doors onto. At night you could sleep with your door open and enjoy the breeze. It was the perfect temperature. Not humid. All the windows in the house were open. It was lovely. We had 2 days there. It was great to be with my sisters.

The view from the back porch.



Here's one end of the porch. You can see it has a hammock and in fact there were 2 beds on the porch. You can just see one. And lots of rockers.



Other end.



I was sad to leave that house. It really worked as a beach house for the 3 families sharing it. Adults, children, dogs. It was for sale too. 2 MILLION DOLLARS. Cha!

We went to a lovely dinner in Charleston the night before the wedding hosted by the parents of the groom. As usual Carla forgot she was wearing a skirt. (Or did she?) Certain ones among us do remember her jean belt in NYC.



But hey, if you got it flaunt it and Carla certainly gots it.

Good wine, and 4 (out of 5) sisters at our table = big fun. My oldest sister, being the mother of the bride had to sit at the adult table which we all know is never any fun.







Dinner was steak and lobster or mushroom ravioli. Quite delicious.



We had one young lady that was seated at our table who didn't know any of us. At first I felt bad for her because, well, we are a family and we are dysfunctional etc. But she fit right in (I do mean that in a good way) and I KNOW the men at the table enjoyed her. That's her in picture next to Scott. VERY pretty.

I got to meet a few of my nieces friends and they were all lovely. It was a very nice evening. Here is my beautiful niece with her friend who sat with us.



That's all for today. Tomorrow or the next day I will cover the wedding. I am including alot of photos for members of my family who read this. (Note to family: I will be sending you all CD's with all the pics (and good god there are alot) v. soon. Oh and whoever took that picture of all of us on the beach, the ass one, I don't have that on any of my 3 cameras though I thought one of them was used. If you have it please delete immediately. Well unless my ass looks really good. Muchas gracias.)

14 Comments:

Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Sounds like fun, fun, fun and no T-Bird to take away.

5/05/2007 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Wow! Looks like everybody had fun! Food, wine and friends!
And your Carla!!!

5/06/2007 03:57:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

lol Mary yeah,
Carla has certaingly got lots!

Steak & mushrooms.
I see the men have some real healthy appetites in both food and women!

5/06/2007 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, Mary! Welcome back...you were missed!

5/06/2007 08:16:00 AM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

OMG! Carla...skirt, Skirt...Carla! Ummm...Now where was I? Oh yea, of course it had character, it's in the south ain't it? [smirk]

You mentioned nothing of the hospitality I see. You know they were quick to talk to you. Even if you found the accent to sound funny! HEHEHE! Glad to have ya back Mary.

5/06/2007 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

What a marvelous time, I love the porch, the hammock, the people are so beautiful and look so happy, I want to go to a wedding. I better check my single friend's schedules. We need a marriage in a nice place PRONTO!!!!

5/06/2007 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Mary, I live sorta close to the Gulf of Mexico but nothing as pretty as the Sanibel island ..dreaMY!
You have one big hoot of a family..dysfunctional? Naaa..you have too much fun to be dysfunctional...adopt me ..PLEASE! LOL
take time recuperating from the trip, been there too many times..
hugs
Ingrid (padoompadoom..)

5/06/2007 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Peacechick-No T-bird. Hmmm. Might like a t-bird.

Cream- As usual it's all good.

Quasar- There was definitely enough of both!

Bluegrrrl- You are so sweet.

Donnie- Character galore! I loved the South. I wanna move. And you're right. I should have mentioned the hospitality. They have that to spare too. At one point I said to John "Why is everyone smiling at us?" He said, "We're in the South Mary. These people are friendly." That's the way I likey.

Pursey- It did me a world of wonders. Find yourself a wedding! (And do bring a chunk of ice!)

Ingrid- Your in! I let you know where the next hoe-down will be.

5/06/2007 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger Shrink wrapped scream said...

!Ah, where would we be without our sisters? Good looking bunch too! And that house - oooooh, yes bags the hammock)!

5/06/2007 06:50:00 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Did you fix the link to the Luge or something? I tried it yesterday and it didn't work, works fine now though.
I hope you appreciate how lucky you are to come from a family that gets along!

5/06/2007 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

soudns like more fun! And that house on the beach!! South Carolina, here I come!

5/06/2007 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

We must make it to this area!

That's a great place to stay too!

5/07/2007 07:30:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Loved the house and all the photos! You always seem to have he greatest of times wherever you are! :)

5/07/2007 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Mary, I'll never get to sleep tonight! When may I meet Carla?

5/07/2007 07:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters