Monday, May 07, 2007

The Wedding

Warning: This post is long and MAY only be suitable for family.

The wedding was on the beach. It was beautiful. The bride was gorgeous and emotional and groom was very handsome and didn't seem nervous at all. It was the perfect amount of friends and family. A little windy but fine.







Did we just catch Carla not posing? offguard? NOT ready for a shot?!



Oh wait, she's back. Thank goodness.



Okay so off to the luge!

First off, the guy serving up the shots was the best. Super funny. He really made the whole event. Don't know his name. I call him "Ich, Nee, San, Chi" because thats what he would say before he let a shot go. (It's been a long time since I've had to count in Japanese so those spellings could be wrong.)He got more and more into character as we went on eventually tying a white band around his head (well a paper towel but how creative!). Unfortunately my camera ran out of memory at this point because he later added glasses. I had 3 cameras at the wedding but different people were manning them. He looks serious in these pictures but nothing could be further from the truth.





Everyone did the luge...









Then my mother came downstairs...
(well more like the elevator. No stairs for mum these days.)




and Carla suddenly reverted to childhood and was all like, "Mommy, Mommy, watch what Mary and I can do!" So I had to go another round.



Oh mother was proud indeed...

Now to the non-participaters I say, WHY? Why wouldn't you want to strike such a graceful pose and join in the fun? Your loss.


On to the tossing of the bouquet...




The garter...

Hey what are John and Scott doing down there?



The sexy bit...




Cake bit...




My nephew toasts the bride and groom...



Now there is nothing left to do but party! And so we did. No pictures from this part as we were just too busy having fun. Of course one of these days some pictures will surface of Carla and I doing the running man or something like that. I finally hung up my dancing shoes at 2AM. Great day. AND I was The-last-Aunt-Standing. Oh yeah!

8 Comments:

Blogger niCk (Mem Beth) said...

That is long. Nice pics.

I want to do the running man sometime, also. Then I'd be the running man at running man. ;-)

(I just read the last paragraph, I'll have to come back and read the rest)

5/08/2007 11:23:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary,
the wedding looked fabulous, I read your comments but I don't see a place to e-mail you at. My e-mail is on my blog please write so I have yours, dying to hear what book

5/08/2007 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

What a wild celebration. I'm surprised you are able to stand or type or do anything for that matter.

5/08/2007 12:55:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Great family celebration!
You are tough, Mary! Last Aunt Standing!!!

5/08/2007 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Nick- It's easier to just run believe me.

Dawn- I thought my email was in my profile. Sorry. I fixed it.

Peacechick- Oh well I mean I do pace myself.

Cream- I pride myself on being tough. One has to be these days.

5/08/2007 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Best wishes to the bridal party!
Glad mum is well!

Let's see more of Carla!

5/09/2007 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Funtastic!!!

5/09/2007 01:53:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

beautiful, funny... so loving! Thank you!!!!

5/10/2007 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters