Thursday, June 28, 2007

Triple Tagged!!!!

I have been slacking on my blogging for quite a while now for various reasons but after missing about 3 days of reading blogs I got online and found I had received the Rockin' Girl Blogger Award from LA BELLINA MAMMINA ! And THEN I got a second Rockin' Girl Blogger Award from Katie. Wow. You two really know how to make a stressed out girl, nursing a cold, feel appreciated.
I know some of you hate this kinda of stuff so don't stress. I'm a rule breaker type. Snag the Rockin' Girl Blogger tag and forget the rest. What are they gonna do? Send the Rockin' Girl Blogger police after us?



The rules for the 'Rockin' Girl Blogger' award state that if you're tagged, you get this spiffy little badge on your post and then you tag five other chicks who you think ROCK. Ummm...I'm gonna have assume that would be 10 chicks for me.

I'm starting w/NO. There is NO better way to describe her than ROCKIN' GIRL BLOGGER. Not only does she blog on her personal blog but she also posts at THE PEACE TRAIN. Her Point/Counterpoint posts with Bluegrrrl are the best. She's mysterious, unpredictable, never afraid to state her view and always supportive of her fellow bloggers. (Don't shy away from awarding this to others No. You know how these things go around. We all will have it soon.)

Speaking of Bluegrrrl she get's the next one. She ROCKS at her place and THE PEACE TRAIN . She is constantly and tirelessly blogging for peace and participating in all kinds of peace promoting events. She appreciates a good Margarita AND has a fondness for a nice pair of Chuck Taylors which are just a few more reasons why she ROCKS!

Which brings me to Peacechick. Another tireless peace activist who constantly has me laughing and thinking at the same time. She's a gentle soul but she kicks ass and takes names. She also rocks it over at THE KATRINACRAT. Rock on Peacechick!

DIZZY This girl definitely has the right name. I can't keep up with her. She is a supermom, homeschooler, DJ, hardworking Army wife which means she's a single mom for long stretches! Now add to all that her blog and she ALSO posts on THE KATRINACRAT Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. She's always got an opinion and she's not afraid to tell you. She is a strong woman and she ROCKS!

Another busy, busy mom is Dawn over at the appropriately named MY CRAZY LIFE. She's got a whole cast of characters over there with her 3 boys and 2 dogs and husband. She wins the award for volunteer work that I have no idea how she continues to fit in w/ all thats on her plate. That's why I think she ROCKS!

Do you knowIngrid? She has 2 blogs Blogger Round Table and Austin Permie. She's into going green, she's smart,she always has something interesting to share and you guessed it...she ROCKS!

Next up...Good For Me. Another single working mom and the queen of haiku. That's right...she ROCKS!

Now my list would most def not be complete if I didn't add ALICE. When I grow up I'm gonna be just like her. She inspires me (I swear Alice I am trying to post a video blog but it takes me awhile to figure stuff out.)and always piques my curiosity. She definitely rocks.

If you want something original then try Pursey Tuttweiler. Her and the gang at Live at The Gay Agenda are always shaking things up. She ROCKS!

Finally there is Hayden's Blog. Here descriptions of food are musical! She makes you want to get out your chefs hat and start cooking or just eat. SHE ROCKS!


(I stole your rainbow bar Bluegrrrl. Hope you don't mind.)



I have also been tagged with a Thinking Blogger Award by Bluegrrrl over at Out of the Blue. This is my second time w/this one folks and I'm as surprised as I was the first time. I think I may display the award this time.

THE RULES:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to the original post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme. (there’s that word…)

3. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.

I think everyone has gotten this so let me TRY to find 5 that haven't BUT you all make me think for sure.

I have to give this to Ingrid at(sorry to hit you twice)Austin Permie because she really does make me think about Green Living and all the ways I can improve.

JM atJohn's Blog for sure makes me think about things I never would have imagined.

Donnie at The Katrinacrat gets me thinking about kicking some ass!

Nick at This is it is a runner and I like him. He makes me think about some very engaging subjects like peaches and dreams and what we eat. Plus it's always so "chill" over at his place.

Finally C-Dell at Views of the Silent Majority. If his posts don't make you think then...your brain dead.

Whew! Hope that does it.

9 Comments:

Blogger la bellina mammina said...

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Time to pop the champers!!
This is when having a rockin' neighbour is useful! ;-)

6/28/2007 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Wow girl you have been busy this week thank you for the rockin girl blogger award I will post it on my blog proudly and write my 5 tommorrow. I hope your feeling better

6/28/2007 03:11:00 PM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary read the comment I left on beths blog

6/28/2007 03:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Willowtree said...

Hey, well done Mary. I normally don't comment on awards that exclude half the population, but since you're my friend I'll make an exception.

6/28/2007 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger Peacechick Mary said...

Blush! Wow! Thanks, Mary. I am honored, truly honored.

6/28/2007 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Oh good grief! I was reading that with pride, and thinking the two contributors for The Katrinacrat and the one for Little Purple Fooshballs really are Rockin'. That's my girls! They rock! Three in one meme.

Then I get to that damn thinking blogger one....triple threat time! Now I have this one, my magnificent seven from John Good, and the interview by Divajood to do.

6/29/2007 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

La Bellina- Too true.

Dawn-I told you. My cup was way runneth over.


WT- Oh you who has all the awards!

Peacechick- You the best!

Donnie- Sorry but I'm laughing because that's what happened to me last week. Anyway your blog is great Donnie. You do a wonderful job and we all can't help but honor you.

6/29/2007 10:08:00 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

wow..I have been absent myself for a while (as you know) and have felt far from 'rockin' (well, rockin in another way lol).. thanks for the kudos Mary! And kudos to you because you truly have a blog with your personality shining through! So do I get this right, I need to tag 5 other chicks who rock?
btw...I saw that link in the other post re. military casualties..I checked to see if the soldier I adopted was there but he wasn't.. phew! Since I started sending him packages and a few letters/postcards, I have yet to hear from him so I have nooo idea how he is, who he is (other than his rank and name) or where he is.. It's been almost 3 mos.. is that not kinda long? I can't help but worry..even if I don't know him..
glad to see that your 'search' was futile too!!
hugs
Ingrid

6/30/2007 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger Rebel Reaper said...

Excuse me, but I beg to differ! I know for a fact that you forgot that Pursey was invited. So there is actually four people from The Katrinacrat that was called out. That's what you get for being sick. Mary mopped the floor with your asses! Ha! Way to go Mary!

6/30/2007 12:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters