Thursday, October 11, 2007

Homecoming Week

It's homecoming week at my two youngest children's high school. Yesterday was dress in a decade day. Johnny is a total participater. I'm glad. I was too cool(so I thought) to participate when I was his age. He borrowed my Ramones t-shirt which was advertising a concert in '74 and wore some tight white jeans. He definitely looked 70's. That evening was the Powderpuff Football Game. That's where the girls play football and the boys cheer. The freshmen's cheering skills were completely lacking and I don't know any cheerleaders that dress like that but again he was participating. Freshmen always stink at this. I'm sure they will step up their game next year. He's the one in black tennis shoes. His buddy Spencer is in the bright yellow t-shirt. I am so glad they can laugh at themselves. I missed the live show. Lisa, his sister kindly took the video for me.

13 Comments:

Blogger niCk (Mem Beth) said...

Ah. Sweet HS memories. I want to do that again, it was fun times.

10/11/2007 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger Robert Rouse said...

Wow. I am so glad I'm no longer in high school but, that said, I'd give anything to have that vitality and verve back in my step.

10/11/2007 08:21:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Will you lookit the laigs on those chicks!!

LOL!! Three cheers to Johnny for having....well, the balls!:)

10/12/2007 04:21:00 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Good laugh but the lads definitely need a few lessons in cheerleading.

10/12/2007 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Now Mary I know you were to young to see the Ramones in 74 because I was. I didn't start watching thier practices until 78. Good for your kids I was to cool to. Have a great weekend

10/12/2007 09:41:00 AM  
Blogger Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Priceless! You have great blackmail fodder for later in life..

10/12/2007 01:30:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Nick- Not me. I'm glad to be done w/HS.


Robert- For sure. Like I just said to Nick, no HS for me but YES I'd take the youth.


TUA- Legs! How about the boobs!

Cream- Yes one hour after school on the day of didn't do it.

Dawn- You are correct! I was 11. It wasn't a vintage t just a repro. And you got to see them practice! Tell more please.

SWS- We think alike!

10/13/2007 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

LOL! That's just too cute!

10/13/2007 09:47:00 AM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

LMAO!!! The energy of youth...

I never joined in on any of this kind of stuff in HS...not too cool...just one of the tough, anti-social kids. Glad I'm over that.

I wouldn't go back to HS for a million bucks. But I love watching these kids revel in the fun!

10/13/2007 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Ha, ha, like Blue, I was the anti kid, on the fringe, but I did like a cheer leader once! ; )

That's as close as I got to any of this.

Nice that your son feels open enough to let himself go......it's not a bad quality to have! ; )

10/14/2007 07:04:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Blue and Coffee- I am so w/you. Coffee you know what you made remember and older football player in HS I had a crush on. Very out of character for me. It passed.

10/14/2007 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

This is so cute and funny! :) Thanks for sharing Mary!

10/14/2007 10:20:00 PM  
Blogger just me said...

He should be pleased to know that he would make a not so pretty girl. No harm intended. Such courage!

10/17/2007 10:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters