Monday, October 15, 2007

More Homecoming

(Sorry everyone. Family stuff.)

On the way out the door to drop off Johnny at a pre-homecoming dance party I asked him to let me take his photo. I gave no direction. This is pure Johnny.







So you get the idea. It went on like this for a while. Believe me, there is more. We had to leave though to get him to the party on time. What a party too. I grabbed a few pictures and left as I was not dressed properly and obviously adults were invited (though not me) so I felt like I was crashing the party which might have been fine had I, I don't know, brushed my hair and applied a little make-up. My sweet boy walked me to the gate and made me give him a kiss as I was feeling dejected. I went home and fixed myself up and John took me out for dinner. We picked Johnny up from the dance around 11PM. He had a great time. So did I.

Here's the group shots. It was hard. That freaking sea grass was in my way. If I backed up I would have been in the bay. I was too short to SEE a better shot and for a few just held the camera up high and blindly shot.









Most of the kids I think had dates but Johnny was told by older kids to go alone. The girls were so beautiful. Most of them I have known since they were little so it was something to see them looking all grown up. Their dresses were so pretty!
(Carla here are my two favorites.)





I have to add this last picture of Spencer and his date because it makes me chuckle. That's right I said "chuckle".

18 Comments:

Blogger Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Wow, that looks like some party! What a handsome lad he is - AND he made you give him a kiss, in front of all his mates - HOW COOL IS THAT?????? You have every reason to be proud, he's perfect..

10/15/2007 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nice photos! Handsome son - and sweet! Can't quit smiling at that last photo.

10/15/2007 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Really nice pics mary, I hope he had a fantastic time. As for the Ramones they lived a couple of blocks from me. They used to rehearse on the rooftop and we would all watch. Rock and roll high school was my high school although the real Forest Hills High was featured in the Basketball Diaries. So theres the history lesson for the day

10/15/2007 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger singleton said...

Ahh....this takes me back to yesterday, already three, four, five years back, beaming from the sidelines....Beautiful son, friends, moments! And don't worry about no makeup and not hoo-hahing with the other parents, I bluejeaned it on the sidelines for years, but the kids camped out here often and many, many still come to visit....I was one of the "real" moms.....And so are you!
Peace~love~and memories captured forever in the lens!

10/15/2007 07:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Maddy said...

What a huge family! With or without dates.
BEst wishes

10/15/2007 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Johnny The Card!:) Everybody should be as open spirited as him!

"I have to add this last picture of Spencer and his date because it makes me chuckle. That's right I said "chuckle"."

LOL! Just because his GF plays forward for the Knicks, or is he vertically challenged?:)

10/16/2007 12:03:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

So beautiful! and your son is such a doll!

10/16/2007 01:46:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

SWS- Thank goodness the last is easy. I'm running out of steam.

Carol- Me too.

Dawn- Just one of the benefits of living where you do. Lucky.

Singleton- I'm not much on conforming anyway. I like the sidelines.

Maddy- Thanks for coming by. It's quite a large group of friends for sure. Johnny is lucky.

TUA- I agree. I think he got just the right amount of attention and love. Wish I had written the formula.
And yes it is Spencer who is vertically challenged. But he is a charmer and always gets the girl.

Katie-It was a beautiful location. Actually these homes on the bay I usually don't like from the street. You know, the neighborhood. But from the bayside it is just so beautiful and serene.

10/16/2007 08:18:00 AM  
Blogger bluegrrrrl said...

Johnny's such a little ham!!
How cool is that, that he made you give him a kiss to make you feel better...
And I'm chuckling over that last photo too!

10/16/2007 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Bluegrrrl- It was way cool. And just what his little mommy needed. I love when that happens.

10/16/2007 08:33:00 AM  
Blogger Casdok said...

Brill photos!!

10/16/2007 11:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Rhea said...

Hey, I see you're a baby boomer. Me, too. I collect baby boomer links. Wanna trade?

10/16/2007 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger sumo said...

Ah, the innocent fun years. I'm sure they had a wonderful time. Proud moments to be treasured. You are a fortunate Mom...my sons wanted no part of all that stuff...hence...no pictures to look back on. Oh well...

10/16/2007 01:32:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Wow! How cool is Johnny! :-) And those group photos - lovely!

10/17/2007 05:05:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Casdok- I tried. But as I said I was nearly in the bay.


Rhea- Sure.

Sumo- 3 out of 4 of mine went to some of these events. I was actually glad for number 3's unwillingness. So much less stress.

La Bellina- Well, he thinks he's cool anyway.

10/17/2007 08:00:00 AM  
Blogger just me said...

Such a handsome young man, who is not too proud to ham it up for the camera. Oh, what wonderful memories you have here.

You probably had a better time going out to dinner, I suspect.

Gotta love that Spencer.

10/17/2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

Love it!! Yeah, nice dresses. Nice backyard. Johnny's so cute. Do you see any Della Torre in him?

10/17/2007 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Beautiful pics...they grow up too fast don;t they? ...sigh...hugs..

10/18/2007 02:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters