Monday, October 01, 2007

Tissue Shortages and Elevators

The worst has happened. I'm out of tissues. Last night I got the box from my car. This morning I used the last one. Kids are at school. John is at work. I am going to have to venture out on my own. I'm not sure I have the strength but it has to be done. I CAN NOT continue to use tp and pt to blow my poor, abused, weary nose.

And just so you know, I blame this cold on BUSH. Michael has been in Iraq over a year now and I believe this cold is all the pent up anxiety and worry coming out. I have had the same dream since Michael has been gone. I am always getting in an elevator. I know what's going to happen but I still get in. Sure enough the doors close, the elevator starts up and its as if I am in some kind of free fall. It spins me like a sock in the dryer. I am not a thrill ride kind of girl. I hate amusement parks. I don't enjoy a roller coaster. I always think to myself, "I KNEW IT!" Yet the elevator always delivers me to safety in the end. I just have to get through the horrifying ride. I always want someone to witness this ride but there is never anyone there. Last night John got on with me. Oddly enough as soon as the thing started to roll I looked over and he was gone. WTF does that mean? What does any of it mean? Why am I still getting on the elevator?!?!?!

Here's the closest I come to interpreting the dream. I KNOW Michael is coming home safely but it is one scary, freaking ride in the meantime and I just have to endure it. Nobody can help me. I know everyone in the family is on the ride but really we are all on our own ride.

Okay. Right about now you are probably wondering how much cold medication has that girl taken? NOT E-NOUGH! The good news is Michael will be coming home on December 1st! Woo Hoo! The ride is almost over.

I'm going to get some tissues. Later.

16 Comments:

Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Oh poor Mary! Now how much tissue have you used up? Feel better soon!
I've been having the same dream for the past month, not every night, but at least once a week. Maybe I'll blog about it one day.
I'm with you with the interpretation of your dream - the worry, anxiety, fear, etc. Hang in there girlfriend, Michael's almost home:-)

10/01/2007 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Even though you ride the elevator alone, you have family and community supporting you all the way. We can't ride your elevator, but we're all out there!

Sending kisses for your sore nose.

10/01/2007 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary:

I've been going through my own roller coaster for quite some time now, and have drifted away from your blog. NOw that life has calmed down I stopped to read and am so sorry to see Michael is still over there, but am so glad he'll be home soon. Keep your chin up. I have so much respect for you taking the time to speak out about what you feel is right. As always, my admiration -

Andie

(now Davis!)

10/01/2007 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary,
I would love to send you a whole carton of tissues. I'm so glad Michaels finally coming home. I frigging hate rollercoasters to. You hav3e kept the faith this long , it's almost over get your tissues and pop in some movies and rest!!!

10/01/2007 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

"I CAN NOT continue to use tp and pt to blow my poor, abused, weary nose."
That's no laughing matter at all, to be sure! Send John on a mission of mercy when he gets home...or whoever gets home first!

"Okay. Right about now you are probably wondering how much cold medication has that girl taken? NOT E-NOUGH! "
LOL! Not at all, Mary! I've still way ahead of you when it comes to sick 'n bitchy.:)

I have reoccurring dreams as well. What causes them is open to speculation I suppose, but I go with what you said - stress, fear, all that "good" stuff.

Hugs to you, and I hope the sniffles get lost fast!

10/02/2007 03:19:00 AM  
Blogger just me said...

I think you hit the meaning of your dream head-on. It's like you have no control. But, the way it ends, I like that. I will be so happy when that boy gets home. So happy for all of you.

10/02/2007 06:29:00 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Oh Mary. Hang in there you poor thing. Your subconcious is getting help from your concious in creating that recurring dream. Try to make it lucid. Give yourself mental suggestions before you go to sleep that you will. Then take control as soon as you realize it in your dream.

Yes, I'm serious. :)

10/02/2007 07:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

La Bella- At least 5 boxes. I went and got more. Feeling much better this morning just a little tired.

I find dreams to be pretty interesting sometimes.

Carol- Thank you. Really. I feel the support.

Hey Andie- Good to hear from you. I have kept up on your blog here and there. Glad things are settling down for you. Hope it stay that way. And congratulations!

Dawn- Yeah girl! It's almost over.

TUA- I remember that post! that was a good one. I can finally breath out of my nose so things are looking up.

Just me- Me too sister! No more elevators for me.

Chuck- That's what I mean. Why do I keep getting on the elevator. I'll try your suggestion. "I will not get on the elevator,I will not get on the elevator,I will not get on the elevator,I will not get on the elevator."

10/02/2007 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ah honey, I'd be having anxiety dreams too, if my precious boy were in such a place as he is in. Roll on December, eh? And in the meantime, take good care of his momma - use vaseline on that nose, honey and lemon (with a double whiskey) for that throat, and oddles of TLC from everyone who loves you. Keep brave and strong, bonny lass, not too long to go now, eh? ((x))

10/02/2007 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

SWS- you are so dear.

10/02/2007 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

when he comes home in December - is he home for good?

10/03/2007 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Babzy said...

Hi Mary, I wondered too if Michael is coming home for good in Dec. What a reunion that will be.

10/03/2007 11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

30 days and then he will be stationed in Kansas. From there I can't say. He still has 2 years left in service. Think positive!

10/03/2007 11:34:00 AM  
Blogger Babzy said...

I'm going to do a post on Quantum Field and Law of Attraction aka The Secret. It is one of the most successful forms of positive thinking.

BTW I just read your comment on my post. Mary, you do not need a degree to be an artist. You're already an artist. Go get some supplies and slap the paint on. Call it "modern art". If anyone asks what it is you answer "What do YOU see in this painting? How does it make YOU feel?" Works every time.

The main thing is to hell with a degree. Too much work and not necessary unless you're trying to get a job in an art museum.

I will continue this on a post.

10/03/2007 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Pursey Tuttweiler said...

Will he be coming home on leave or is this his last tour of duty? I will be with you sister Mary. It is going to be okay.

10/07/2007 03:33:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Babzy- I wanna know what those guys know...

Aww Purse you're a sweetheart. He still has 2 more years in the army. But this is the end of his first and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEEEZZZZE ONLY tour.

10/07/2007 04:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters