Monday, November 05, 2007

A beautiful story to enjoy.

I am busy firing my kiln today which I have filled w/many, many peacock feathers for my mosaic. I PRAY the colors come out as I want them to so I don't have to make all those feathers again. It's always so nervewracking. The glaze as you are applying it is not anywhere near the color it will be once it has been fired so it's like painting blind. I'm not even sure I will add a peacock or peacocks to the mosaic but I want to be prepared. Crazy isn't it.

I really have been meaning to draw your attention to another blogger. She has written AND illustrated a beautiful tale for children that is just so magical. The illustrations alone are unbelieveable. What a talent. Take a PEEK. When you get to the end of the page click on older posts to see all the pages.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Thanks, Mary-- Beautiful illustrations & a sweet story line.

11/05/2007 07:42:00 PM  
Blogger Babzy said...

Peacock feathers? In your kiln? Can't wait to see this.

Went to Susan's blog. Wow. I'm really impressed with her talent. Beautiful work.

11/05/2007 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Can't wait to see your new mosaic, Mary.
Great blog. Beautiful drawings.

11/06/2007 06:38:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed the story. My favorite illustration is number 6. I can't imagine the time it took.

As for my mosaic...well the feathers didn't turn out the color I wanted. Of course they didn't. I will re-do them. I've had a lot of sucess re-glazing pieces so at least I won't have to come up w/the feather shapes again.

11/06/2007 08:11:00 AM  
Blogger peter said...

dear mary, great drawings and the words are heart felt. peacocks are too much fun, they attack shiny car bumpers and scream! peace, peter

11/06/2007 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

oh boy...peacocks...love them...can't wait to see it...lovely

11/06/2007 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger CHEWY said...

Oh - I followed the link to the illustrations yesterday and got lost. Forgot where I had started from. HA-HA! Now I know it was here.

Can't wait to see the mosaic. (Crossing fingers.)

11/07/2007 01:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Peter-Sounds like my kinda bird!

E4E-I'm quite obsessed at the moment which is why I'm not blogging.

Chewy-I can't believe all that detail!
Thanks for the crossed fingers. I am redoing the feathers. I didn't get what I wanted. That's okay.

11/08/2007 09:55:00 AM  
Anonymous JollyRoger said...

Creativity is a wonderful thing to have. It really is a pity that mine is limited to planting flowers and playing an old bass guitar (the blues, of course.)

11/14/2007 11:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters