Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Saturday deadline?


This is what it looked like around here yesterday. Actually this is what its looked like since Friday afternoon. I haven't made dinner since a big pot of minestrone before Thanksgiving. I rather enjoy the freedom of not having to make dinner. I had announced I wouldn't be worrying about this at the get-go of the project. In fact yesterday I asked John what was for dinner when he called. That felt good. That is what he asks me everyday. It is the #1 most annoying question you can ask me.


In 3 1/2 days this is as far as I've gotten. That's working steadily 8-12 hours. Yesterday was particularly fun because I stood on that counter all day. The slope of the ceiling caused me to have to bend my head most of the time and my elbow kept hitting that other thing on my right. Grrrr. Anyway the hard part (so I think) is over. I WILL be done by Saturday. (John is not betting on it.) It looks small with me standing there but it looks big when I stand on the ground and calculate how much more time it will take. It FEELS big to the blister forming right below my thumb from the tile nippers.

15 Comments:

Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

Let me just say "Wow"! I love how the peacock's reflection shows on your counter top. Pretty cool!

11/27/2007 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Hey, what's for dinner? ; )

This is brilliant and adds so much to the room.

Nicely done and kudos all around!

11/27/2007 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger earlbo said...

Mary, that looks fantastic!

I couldn't bend my head, like you did all day, for more than 10 minutes without feeling it badly.

The art will inspire your cooking in the future.

11/27/2007 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

It look like its moving right along. It looking very nice.

11/27/2007 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/27/2007 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger ¿Yh8? said...

heheh — Yah, know what you mean about the annoying question "What's for dinner?" To that meh sayz, "Food"!

Keep on keepin on meh friend. It's starting to really take shape now. I never liked the process near as much as enjoying the knowledge of what it took to get to that final product — I think there's a word for that — PRIDE!

11/27/2007 02:42:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Wowsers! It only gets better! I have full confidence that you will be done by Saturday. You're crankin'!

Your vision was brilliant! Even before it's done, it looks like it has belonged there all along.

11/27/2007 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

The bit on the right, between the exhaust duct and the cupboard looks like it will be a real bitch to do!

Better you than me, but it does look good.

11/27/2007 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Oh Mary....this is sooooo awesome...wonderful...this is very excting and inspiring to watch...

11/27/2007 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Ole Blue The Heretic said...

Too much work not enough play. Happy belated Thanksgiving day.

11/27/2007 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Babzy said...

It's gorgeous Mary. Really special.

11/28/2007 03:21:00 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Mary, it looks beautiful! I know how tiring it is but the result will be amazing!
It makes me want to rip our kitchen tiles off and use all the stuff left over from the Tapas bar.
Are you using PVA glue, btw? I hope so, it makes the job so much easier and cleaner.
Can't wait for Saturday. A bit more pressure, hah!

11/28/2007 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. I appreciate it.

WT- You called that one right! It took me all day yesterday. It was such a tight area.

Cream-How I wish you were here! My daughter won't help unless she can stay home from school. At this point I'm tempted.
I must confess I haven't tried the PVA yet. The word 'easier' has really caught my attention though. I will call John and ask him to pick some up for me.

11/28/2007 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

You're still working in the kitchen. Beautiful work.

11/28/2007 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Lookin' good kid, lookin' good!

But why do you have that apron strapped to your butt?

12/01/2007 01:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters