Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Breaking in

My, my, my. I don't even have time to post this but I am. This story begins and ends w/Michael. Michael(my son) called me yesterday to say he'd just been on the news. He was randomly asked a question. The next news would be on at 11pm. I was working out in the studio pretty late and then I wrapped some gifts out there. Michael (again) had had his 60G Ipod stolen from his new truck at the mall yesterday. He swears he had locked it but it didn't appear to be a forced entry. He had left it in full view on the seat. I guess he forgot he was in American and it's Christmas! Because of that incident I decided I better lock the studio which I normally don't do. When I went in the house, I propped one eye open and sat down to watch the news and catch my kid. No go. All that suffering for nothing. He was not on the news.

In the morning I got my keys, walked out to the studio turned on the kiln and logged my info in my firing book. Went inside and my daughter told me her friend just called and Michael was on the news. S! I forgot. I quickly decided I would go out to the studio and watch the news while I wrap some more. At this time of year I can't just do one thing. I must multi-task if there is going to be any hope of me painting my toesies before Christmas. Run out there, turn the knob and...of course it's locked and I can see through the glass doors the keys sitting on the counter. S! And I had made sure to lock the french doors around back too. S, again! I called John. He informs me that he saw Michael on the news this morning. (Ugh!) He gets up earlier than all of us. He asked me if I tried the window. No. There is an air-conditioner in it, duh! He says he'll call me back. My wheels start spinning and I go out back behind the barn and check out the window unit. In minutes I had that air-conditioner out of the window and I am standing on the wagon stuffing myself through a 14 x 26 inch window. (Yeah I did it) As I am hanging upside down out of the window I reach for the ON button of the TV knocking over easels and tables. I'm in! I've bruised the inside of my legs and I'm walking bow-legged but I'm watching the news and wrapping! Did I see the clip w/Michael? NO! But I did get alot of gifts wrapped. I figure I will try again at noon.

When I came in the house (with my keys this time) I decided to check the website for the local station and what do you know. It could have been so easy. There it was. HERE it is. He's the handsome one. He had just walked out of a gas station where he had bought a 12 pack. He said he was trying to stand to get the truck in the shot. You can see it right over the interviewers shoulder. When John watched he said they said his name so I think I will watch at noon. This is probably only interesting to his mother and father.

29 Comments:

Blogger Brandon said...

Does it worry you more that it was that easy for you to break into your home or that you told everybody how to do it? Just something to think about.

12/19/2007 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

There's normally nothing in the studio. Its just a work space. And that AC is out of the window. I didn't like it anyway. It let to much cold in. Window shut and locked. I'm safe. Besides I have a bunch of mean 'ole dogs running around. Big teeth.

12/19/2007 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

My gosh. What a tale.

12/19/2007 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Spadoman said...

So, that was your butt end squirming through that window. I was wonderin' :-)

Peace to All.

12/20/2007 05:52:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

You didn't tell me the whole window thing...that is funny down!! Michael is a star. You're right, he looks and sounds great.
And I know what you mean about the painting of the toes. Why do I feel like I have to have a fresh many-pedy for the holidays?

12/20/2007 06:27:00 AM  
Blogger Mommi Tutu said...

That sounds exactly like something I would do! I locked my kids in the car one night after coming home late from a friend's house. they were alseep, but I still felt like a complete arse!
Glad you got in and your son is a STAR:)

12/20/2007 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

what an adventure, LOL! Neither wind, snow or locked doors could keep you from that tv!

12/20/2007 12:12:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

For some reason, the video doesn't play for me.

Still, I enjoyed your story. ;-)

12/20/2007 12:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Antonio- Or a tail...mine.

Spado- That was me alright;-)

Carla- So not funny. I'm not kidding about the bruising.

Mommi-I locked a baby or two in the car myself. For a while there I just couldn't be trusted w/a key.

Hayden- I was determined! The same kind of thing happened the year they filmed a holiday greeting in Germany for our local station. All week I would here how EVERYONE saw my sons greeting on the TV. I watched and watched and watched but never saw it. Finally I called the station practically in tears and just asked for a copy.

12/20/2007 12:31:00 PM  
Blogger Cream said...

Hey hey! A TV star in the making!
Shame about the Ipod though.

12/20/2007 02:26:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

I could not get the clip to play either. Did they announce he is a soldier just back from Iraq? If so they will probably get 50 replacement ipods sent to him. Can't the guy catch a break?

Your scramble through the window sounds comical, although your body is screaming it was not!

Oy! Hope Michael locks everything up from now on.

12/20/2007 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger No said...

Of course, I don't have You Tube or any of the other fine features so I can never see any videos, sooooooooo my question is this: Was Michael in the news randomly, for getting his ipod stolen, for coming back from Iraq, none of the above, some of the above or all of the above?

12/21/2007 06:38:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carol- It was a little choppy for me at first but you know...I persevered.

Cream-He's good looking right?

Fran and No-He was just walking out of the gas station and the reporter was standing there asking citizens about a missing person. Actually it was a rather odd piece. They were telling us that as we are walking around the area be on the lookout for a dead body. (I mean seriously...WTF?) So they ask Michael what he thinks about that and he says something like "I think it would be pretty freaky to find a dead body around here (esp. in light of the fact the he just got back form Iraq)and i never heard of anything like that happening around here." That was it. They just randomly picked him for a random story.

12/21/2007 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

What a story, especially getting stuck in your window! ; )

12/22/2007 07:47:00 AM  
Anonymous just me said...

Well, now Hollywood is going to snatch him up any minute....girl, you are starting to act like me, except I couldn't force my way through that tiny window. Ain't life grand?

12/22/2007 09:08:00 AM  
Blogger QUASAR9 said...

Time for Seasons Greetings!

Hi Mary,
here's wishing you and your close ones much merry making and all the best for the festive season

12/22/2007 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger Babzy said...

What mothers don't do to get a glimpse of their kid on TV. LOL What a story!

(Michael sure is good looking. Wow!)

12/22/2007 10:46:00 PM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

jeese - I cant watch the video on my mac - did ya like my holiday song?

12/23/2007 01:03:00 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

what a great story...painful though..ouch..oh the things we do to wrap presents and watch our kids....I could not see the clip - it was black- hmm, probally cuz I am a mac...oh well....take care...

12/23/2007 02:28:00 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

To Mary and Family,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
from WT and Family

12/23/2007 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Donnie McDaniel said...

Way to go Michael! I would have paid to see that Mary.

12/24/2007 08:31:00 AM  
Blogger Gary said...

It's all interesting! Merry Christmas to you and all the clan.

12/24/2007 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger TomCat said...

Ho! Ho!! Ho!!! SantaCat wishes you all a purrrfect Christmas.

Next year, please leave catnip with the milk and cookies. :-)

12/25/2007 05:26:00 AM  
Blogger singleton said...

Merry Christmas! Your calamaties are sounding way to deja-vue, girl! Reminding me now, to never ever lock the studio! What a handsome son you have, so glad he's home! Enjoy the Joy!

12/25/2007 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger Hayden said...

Merry Christmas, Mary!

12/25/2007 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

Merry merry christmas mary...may you and yours have a wonderful holidays...much peace and joy ...namaste.

12/25/2007 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Just stopping by to wish you a very merry. I'm guessing you are busy determining which holiday drink is your favorite?
Pop Quiz: Can you say SchloggerNog?

12/26/2007 12:58:00 AM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

My neighbor is the ipod thief. She loves George "Nuke All Iraquis" Bush, has a yappy mutt, and doesn't work.

12/26/2007 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger CHEWY said...

Hi Mary.
Now Michael has a funny story to take back with him. (laughing)

12/28/2007 01:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters