Thursday, January 03, 2008

Mary, Mary, quite contrary, where the hell have you been?

I don't know how people fit it all in. I was busy before the holidays rolled around but w/all the extra stuff to do I have to go into hyper-speed to do it all. When it's over I am exhausted.

My first mistake was starting that mosaic right after Thanksgiving. That wore me out. Plus I didn't think it would take so long so I was behind on starting things I should have been doing for the holiday. Or maybe I was just avoiding those holiday chores because when I finally finished the mosaic I decided to redo a rocking chair that had been sitting around for a couple years. I stained it and gave it something you could lean and sit on and then made a little pillow.





Maybe I couldn't get my head into the holidays until Michael was home and the rocker was my plan to kill time until he got here. And he did finally get here. Time seems to have flown since then. He flies back to Germany today. I have been very sad about that all week.

December was a crazy, busy month. Johnny is on the HS wrestling team. I had no idea it would be so time consuming. He practices every day. Even on Saturdays. And travels to meets or matches (whatever they call them). I haven't been to one yet but John has. He wrestled in school for a short time. I'm guessing it was Jr. High because he recently told a story where he wrestled in school UNTIL they told him he had to wear the singlet. At that point he quit. Johnny doesn't know that story but if you knew my John you would be laughing your ass off. Anyway Johnny is doing quite well.



December was a great time for our family to reconnect. It had it's ups and downs. But just when I felt like Michael was relaxing into it, it's time for him to go. My biggest joy was having all the kids together. Even their bickering ( and man did they bicker) gave me joy. It was just like it used to be. I would just have to laugh. Anyway I have more pictures than words so I will share a few.

We had to go to dollar taco night at La Ha (short for La Hacienda). It's a Thursday night tradition. I think the taco's are more than a dollar now but that's what we still call it. Nobody ever gets taco's anyway though they are very good.



My daughter Taylor and her boyfriend Sheldon came for a nice long visit and we went and had a nice dinner before joining Michael at his bar du jour that night. We couldn't get him to join us for dinner.







Oh yeah, Michael got a new tattoo while he was home. Isn't he sweet?



It was great Christmas morning having all the kids there. Plenty of gifts. And Lisa came home from ER the night before with pain killers so we were all there. I really can't tell you how great that was.



Johnny got a t-shirt and hat, John got a bottle of Patron and I got...



a jumbo cocktail shaker. That works for me!



Aunt Carla and Uncle Scott came and we all had a great time.



Lisa, feeling no pain.





There is way, way more but I will stop right here for now. Lisa is doing fine and is going to be fine. She isn't in pain any more but does have a few more hoops to jump through before we are out of the woods. Thanks for all the well wishes for her health.

I have to go see Michael off. Life sucks sometimes.

13 Comments:

Blogger enigma4ever said...

many many hugs (((( )))....so sorry that it was just tooooo short and that you had to see Micheal off...
It was lovely seeing your holidays...and your family....
take care....

1/03/2008 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Wow! This post was all over the place. . . I loved it ;)

1/03/2008 05:49:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your chair is gorgeous!

I'm sorry that Michael had to go again after all of your fun times. But I'm glad that you got to have the fun times. Thanks for sharing the family photos. I'm sure you have very special memories.

Fellow mommy hugs to you...

1/03/2008 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

Your title made me laugh!:) When I read it, I thought "hope nobody asks me that.":)

"I don't know how people fit it all in."

Neither do I, and if you find out, please let me know!!

1/03/2008 08:25:00 PM  
Blogger Babzy said...

What a beautiful chair! And your family looks like they're all having a good Christmas holiday. So nice that you were all able to spend some time with Michael.

HA I was so busy looking at the tattoo I didn't notice right away that Michael was "waving" to the camera.

1/03/2008 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Fran said...

Hey Mary~ If I had such a short window of time to visit w my Son, I would have bailed from blogging as well..... it is really time consuming & you have to *be here now*.... you can do the puter thang later. Good to hear from you, and I wish for you a really good new year.

1/03/2008 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Michael looks like he's grown up quite a bit after being in the Middle East.

Here's hoping he'll be back yet again soon!

Cheers to you and your family!

1/04/2008 06:54:00 AM  
Blogger Cream said...

Happy New Year, Mary.
Sounds exactly like our Christmas... Kids, food, drink and fun.
Shame Michael is away again but at least he's only in Germany now, isn't he?

1/04/2008 07:35:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

E4E- Like Cream said- at least he's only in Germany. I'm good with that. But it was so nice having him around.

Antonio- I had so much ground to cover...and I'm not done. I didn't even tell you about NYE!

Carol- Thanks for the hugs! Waaa! He just called at 7 AM to say he was in Germany.

TUA- You'll notice I didn't ask. I figured you were have the same issues I was.

Babzy- It's not a good picture to see what the tattoo is. The best I could figure was bats though it looked like flying helmets to me. He got annoyed when I said that so....maybe someday when he's asleep I can get a better look.

Fran- I wish you a really good new year also.

CM-He's definitely a changed man. I can't imagine that he won't have to go back with other pulling 3 and 4 tours but I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Cream- Yes just Germany for now. If he stays for a while I would love to visit but I don't know if I can pull it off. I haven't seen the bills for Lisa's "tests" yet. Ugh!

1/04/2008 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

I have been waiting for a new blog. Yay!! A few items: the chair, which I saw in person, is Awesome! Mosaic, which I saw in person = dedonkulous!! Why was I wearing that old stupid scarf? And, it was really cool to see all your kids.

1/04/2008 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger peter said...

happy new year!!!!

1/04/2008 11:31:00 PM  
Blogger TomCat said...

Mary, you've been putting two pounds of you know what in a one pound bag! Glad you came up for air.

1/05/2008 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carla- I liked that scarf. I wish I had a pic of the whole ensemble.

Peter- Back at 'cha.

Tomcat-You got that right!

1/06/2008 01:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters