Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Song, A Poem, A Picture, Some Words

"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words."
-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



A Song...

I don't really have a song that I'm digging right now but I am always happy to hear your suggestions. Help me out.

A Poem....

Emily Dickinson (1830–86). Complete Poems. 1924.

Part Four: Time and Eternity

XCIII


THE DISTANCE that the dead have gone
Does not at first appear;
Their coming back seems possible
For many an ardent year.

And then, that we have followed them
We more than half suspect,
So intimate have we become
With their dear retrospect.


A Picture...

I have seen Steve McCurry's mesmerizing work many places. I can't choose one gallery to recommend on his site. Look in them all. They are all important.

Some words...

I seem to be in a very weak blogging cycle. Whatever. It is what it is. Still busy.

10 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

I don't want this to sound like one of those cheesy overly superlative movie blurbs, but I highly recommend "See These Bones" from the latest Nada Surf album. An under-appreciated group that has put out some awesome stuff.

2/19/2008 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Carla said...

I'm familiar with Steve McCurry's work but I can never remember his name. I love it!

2/19/2008 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Here are some words from a fellow blogger.

It's hard being creative or engaging all the time. Don't feel like you have to blog everyday. I keep trying to get that through to Mark, but he always pressures me about not blogging enough. As a matter of fact, I had to set him straight on his last Chit Chat. So don't worry about your "...weak blogging cycle." We loyal readers will wait.

2/19/2008 12:52:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

A tune from two quirky sisters: http://www.myspace.com/cocorosie

A poem (and thanks for the cheerful as usual, Dickenson!):

weak blogging cycle
roots grow strong and leafs in sun
rise and blog again

Enjoy the spring.

2/19/2008 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Nice Emily! ; )

2/20/2008 06:32:00 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for sharing the link to Steve McCurry's powerful work!

I like Gary's haiku!

2/20/2008 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger Shrinky said...

A song that makes me laugh - "She's So Lovely" by Scouting For Girls.

A poem that makes me cry "Ballod of Reading Gail" Oscar Wilde

I'll leave the art to you (though Chewy and San's sites does it for me).

I'm the last one to lecture on blogging (sigh) but I'm finally back, albeit on a new site now.

2/24/2008 07:06:00 AM  
Blogger Shrinky said...

Okay, I knew I misspelt ballad, okay? wink.

2/24/2008 07:07:00 AM  
Blogger BlueBella said...

Take a break doll, you've earned it. It is hard to be "on" every day, and sometimes thinking we're not up for it only makes it worse. Give yourself a break and just let it go. I truly don't believe you can have a weak blog. Heck - I'd even read about how you do your laundry:)
BTW thanks for sharing Steve McCurry's site - amazing and powerful!

2/24/2008 10:58:00 AM  
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

We are where we are for a reason. :) Be good to yourself, the rest will follow.
I enjoyed your sharing!
Thank you!

2/25/2008 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters