Monday, February 04, 2008

St. Michael's

Hey everyone! Long time, no blog. Here I am though. Real life is keeping me pretty tied up right now but I took a little break and I'm going to try and take the time to tell you about it. Pretty optimistic thinking on my part because at this moment I have to be somewhere in one hour that takes me 1/2 an hour to get to AND I'm still in my PJ's.

This weekend John and I visited St. Michaels. It was a beautiful and very relaxing place. I felt like I could really take a breath. For starters we stayed at the Inn at Perry Cabin. The place was gorgeous with beautiful views that were very calming. We got lucky w/the weather also. Somewhere in the mid to low 50's. Perfect walking weather.











The grounds were beautiful. I'm sure it's even nicer when everything is in bloom. Look at this quaint little scene we happened upon.





We went into town and browsed through some of the shops. I bought a white iron mermaid an antique metal laundry basket. I'll try to show you it tomorrow. I thought it would make an excellent planter.

The hotel was just the nicest place I have ever stayed. The bathroom was MY dream. Bigger than my bedroom I think. Here are the 3 walls of it. The 4th had mirrors that make you think you need to loose more than the 10lbs. you were thinking you needed to loose. When John went in to take a shower he called out to me and said "The thing about these mirrors is...they tell the truth." I DID NOT take a photograph of them.






The room was great too. A fireplace and a TV at the foot of the bed. There was a switch next to the bed that made the TV rise up out of the leather trunk there. I've only seen that on MTV cribs. Of course I'm sure you all have that in your homes.



Here is the tres relaxing view from our room.



Here is a beautiful mirror that I found when I peeked into the spa on the hotel grounds. I must find these shells and make one. Anyone know what kind of shell that is?





We (John and I, his sister and brother-in-law and a friend) dined in the hotel restaurant and again I was not at all disappointed. Here's a pic of my Alaskan wild salmon, John's huge pork chop,some lamb and scallops. Is that beautiful food or what?









After dinner John and I stopped at the bar. I just wanted to be sure I experienced every aspect of the place. ;)We met Kara and Kelly from Virginia Beach. They had come to St. Michael's to pick up an antique. They were alot of fun. I wish I had gotten their emails. They seriously had me in stitches.



I have so much more to tell you but that's all for now. Later.

(I don't know why but spell check isn't working so please excuse any spelling errors I missed.)

17 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

Looks peaceful, serene and relaxing, although the food pictures sure make me hungry!

2/04/2008 12:43:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Looked like a fun trip. And, that food looked delicious Mark. . . I mean Mary ;)

I had trouble with spell check also, so it must be a Blogger problem.

2/04/2008 01:17:00 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

I'm envious...way past the point of jealousy!

2/04/2008 04:27:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sounds WONDERFUL! Glad that you got away and had some R & R.

I have never seen a television that popped up out of a leather trunk at the touch of a switch. I think that moving it up and down would be way more fun than watching the t.v. shows.

2/04/2008 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

sounds absolutely delightful, and the pics are gorgeous. what a perfect, relaxing break!

2/04/2008 08:55:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Way cool! ; )

And what great surroundings.

2/05/2008 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Mary,
you are the only one I know who could go to an inn and have a pimped out mtv crib. I hope the sheets were clean(now I wouldn't even have thought of that without you)I'm glad you guys had a great time. I don't know what the shells are but they don't look east coast. Glad to see ya back

2/05/2008 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I have a ring that looks like that it's Papu, also check Abalone shells. It's the inside of the shell you are looking at, I have seen knife handles inlayed with the same looking thing on them.

2/05/2008 11:30:00 AM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Fantastic photos Mary! Sounds like a fun trip... Btw, you didn't use the glass in the hotel bathroom, did you?;-)

2/05/2008 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

JM- I only ate 1 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner there and I gained 5 lbs. Pissed me off.

Antonio- I was channeling Mark there but I figured he got me started in the first place maybe he can get me blogging again!

WT- Wait until I get to part 2!

Carol- That's about all we did do with it. I think it was on for a minute maybe if it was on at all.

Hayden- Way to short. I need MORE!

CM- The best.

Dawn- LOL! You know I thought about all that! I did not use a room glass and I pulled the covers back and took a look before I got in. But the girls in the bar were talking about that kind of stuff too. We seemed safe here.

Brandon- Good leads...thanks! I am going to go online and search when I have a minute. Pluse Seashell City is right down the road.

La Bellina- You know I didn't!

2/05/2008 03:44:00 PM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

What a wonderful weekend! And such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing.

2/05/2008 07:26:00 PM  
Blogger BlueBella said...

Oh wow - what a lovely place! I'm way jealous! We deserve to be spoiled like that, don't we?!

Thanks for sharing . . yum yum.

2/05/2008 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

just checking! ;-)

2/06/2008 04:00:00 AM  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

The food looks great! Hope you had lots of fun, and Happy Birthday!

2/06/2008 05:59:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

Krissy- You should try to get there.

Bluebella- A resounding yes! We do deserve it. Everyone.

La Bellina- I'm trying.

Yoga- HOw did you know?

2/06/2008 07:55:00 AM  
Blogger fairlane said...

Yeah, the tv in the leather trunk thing is old hat.

Who doesn't have one of those?

Glad to see you're still around.

2/06/2008 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

such a lovely spot...wow....and the bathroom...sooooo cool...and the TV that comes out of the trunk...I need one of those....the shells I think are abalone and conch.....( I know there are some on Sanibel that look like that)

Happy birthday again....

2/10/2008 06:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters