Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Box-o-Joy

Running from the studio to the house the other (100mph windy, rainy, crappy-ass) day I discovered a box wedged between the storm door and the door. Why, it's my fruit-of-the-month! My "box of joy"! (I'm stealing this term from my son. When I take him to the grocery store so he can get JUNK food he calls it the cart the "cart of joy". "Would you like to add something to the cart of joy Mother?" he will say.) Anyway this month it is PLUMS. Yummy. They are already GONE! Got them on Friday. It really is a decadant gift Carla. THANK YOU.



Meanwhile, in the studio, I had the girls start on 2 different mirrors. I realized they needed more colors so I had them glaze tiles. It wasn't enough to fill the kiln so the next day as they were "OFF" I went out and glazed more. It was heaven to be out there. Then I couldn't help myself and I started working on the mirrors. I had to stop so there would be something for them to do today. I have to start thinking of the next project. I can think of plenty for me to do but I am having trouble giving jobs to them. I wanna do it. Were is a huge installation job when you have the help?



15 Comments:

Blogger Alice said...

LOVE the plums. Gotta go buy some, now, dammit!

3/11/2008 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger dawn said...

Wow Mary the plums look fantastic, your a lucky woman, The mirrors look good too!!!

3/11/2008 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I am liking the mirriors!

3/11/2008 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Dawn and Alice- It really is a treat. Great gift idea.

Brandon- Thanks. I am too. Something different. Can't decide if I should make sinks to match or not.

3/11/2008 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

I'm of the "If you want it done right, do it yourself" school, which makes any helper I might have (that wears a wedding ring) soon quit in search of a better job, claiming "Micro-management." Imagine!!

Carla spoils you.:)

3/11/2008 07:31:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Harry and David Fruit Of The Month Club? I'm so jealous. I love Harry and David Fruits. My favorites are the pears.

3/12/2008 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

I am still laughing at cart of joy.

3/13/2008 10:04:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

TUA- She does!!!! I love it! And BTW I'm of that same school. It does give you quite the load of work though.

Antonio-It really is a great gift. You should give it to someone. Or yourself!

Brandon- That totally cracked me up too. I'm always trying to watch what i eat and there he is, "come on. just add it to the cart of joy".

3/14/2008 06:18:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love the Cart of Joy!

I like Plum Month, also. We should change our calendars and give our months new names - Grapefruit, Orange, Plum, Grape, Strawberry...
Way more interesting!

3/15/2008 05:13:00 PM  
Blogger Hayden said...

love the mirrors, they look GREAT!

3/16/2008 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger Babzy said...

Hi Mary, sorry I haven't been around for awhile. I wanted to check in and see how things are going at your house. Looks like everyone is having fun. Nice mirrors, nice plums, nice family. Have a good day.

3/17/2008 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger enigma4ever said...

the mirrors are beautiful....lovely....very inspiring....and the Box of Fruit...what a great thing.....

3/17/2008 08:07:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Enjoy your plums! I got kumquots this week and had never had one in my life before. Zingy!

You are very talented Mary. I love your work.

3/18/2008 09:17:00 PM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

Does your husband like your "box of joy"

3/18/2008 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Carol- So you ar e a recipient of the fruit of the month also? Lucky!!!

Thanks Hayden. I am trying to decide if I should make matching sinks.

Babzy- I haven't been around much myself. I promise to come by soon.

E4E- Thanks. I miss you.

Gary- Kumquots. I will have to try some.

Mark- Why yes as a matter of fact he does.

3/19/2008 08:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters