Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Lasagna '08

Here we go again. First there was Easter Lasagna 06,
then 07 and now the 2008 version. This year's version is called Le Marche Lasagne. I saw chef Fabio Trabocchi making on TV a while back. I made it then and said to my family I would never make it again. Time consuming. Yet here I am making it again. It is VERY good.






It has a different filling using white pork, simmered in Marsala, rosemary,thyme and much more. Rather than ricotta there is a Bechamel sauce and Parmigiano-Reggiano. And of course home-made lasagna noodles. I used my own recipe for those.



Needless to say the kitchen is a disaster when I finally finish. Thank goodness I made it up the day before.



Easter morning we all slept in. What a treat! John made breakfast for the kids when he got up.



I'm not a fan of breakfast so I worked on the computer. I had a badly needed new keyboard to install as well as an external hard drive AND some fire wire port or something. I'm not sure what it is but I know how to install it and what I want to use it for. I have been needing to do all that for months! Check.

It was a totally chill morning with a LOT of laying around (notice the pile of clean laundry right beside him)...



and munching on Easter candy.





John and I had a nice walk together and afterwords I cut some of the gorgeous daffodils in the yard and brought them in. Two big bunches. I am feeling Spring now. Whew!





Hope you are enjoying and relaxing today also!

11 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

Wow, the lasagna looks and sounds great. I'm sure your family appreciates the hard work. But now I'm hungry!

3/24/2008 09:18:00 AM  
Blogger Brandon said...

The lasagna looked and sounded very different. I hope it hope it was worth the effort. Where did you find the recipe for it?

3/24/2008 10:38:00 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

JM- Sorry.

Brandon- I put the link in the post if you click on the words Le Marche Lasagna it will take you there. It is definitely worth it once in a while. Not often.

3/24/2008 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Wow! Le Marche Lasagne! That looks dayamn good. Um. . . Any leftovers?

3/24/2008 11:35:00 AM  
Blogger CHEWY said...

Those Daffys are very pretty. Ours are only beginning to poke up through the ground.

3/24/2008 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger Krissy Doyle said...

Now that's a lasagna! Happy Spring! Love the daffodils. They are so pretty.

3/24/2008 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Happy to see you all had a wonderful Easter. Happy Spring!

3/24/2008 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Coffee Messiah said...

Pretty nice. Would have been nice to try it.

Hope you remembered to take the scissors out of the pan! ; )

3/25/2008 04:49:00 AM  
Blogger The Follow Spot said...

I hope the lasagne tasted good because the precooked version in picture 1 looks like the results of both ends of food poisoning

3/25/2008 01:05:00 PM  
Blogger Krimo said...

Mary, your Easter lasagna gets better every year!
And those daffs remind me of the ones Karen had on Mother's day.

3/25/2008 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Happy belated easter, Mary...and the lasagna, YUM!

3/26/2008 07:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Counters